"No mapping between account names and security ID's " error

David

"No mapping between account names and security ID's " error
when i try to choose a network location for backups.

I have no trouble accessing files on that XP machine, from my Vista
one. the error I'm getting is on my Vista machine, BTW.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: "No mapping between account names and security ID's " error
Is this domain network or workgroup? These search results may help.
No mapping between account names and security ID's were done
A: "No mapping between account names and security id's were done" is some thing related to computer account. What's the computer name? ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh...nomapping1.htm

chicagotech.net :: View topic - No mapping between account names ...
No mapping between account names and security ID's were doneA: "No mapping between account names and security id's were done" is some thing related to ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1393

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Robert L [MVP - Networking] wrote:
> Is this domain network or workgroup? These search results may help.
>

> *No mapping between account names and security ID's* were done
> <http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/nomapping1.htm>
>
> A: “*No mapping between account names and security id's* were done” is
> some thing related to computer *account*. What's the computer *name*?
> *...*
> http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh...*mapping*1.htm
> <http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/nomapping1.htm>
>

> chicagotech.net :: View topic - *No mapping between account names*
> *...* <http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=1393>
>
> *No mapping between account names and security ID's* were doneA: “*No
> mapping between* *account names and security id's* were done” is some
> thing related to *...*
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1393
> <http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=1393>
>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>
> "David" <david@invalid.com <mailto:david@invalid.com>> wrote in
> message news:h7WdnYRBfLZLgHPbnZ2dnUVZ_oaonZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> when i try to choose a network location for backups.
>
> I have no trouble accessing files on that XP machine, from my Vista
> one. the error I'm getting is on my Vista machine, BTW.

here's what I've found so far: "NET USE" is failing to find any shares,
but the folders are found when I use the backup program to set up a
backup location, and i can reach the folder thru explorer. when ever i
copy/paste the shared resource (\\computername\resourcename\) with a
space, after "NET USE", i get system error 67, the network name cannot
be found.

if i type just "NET USE" i get "there are no entries in the list"

I've been reading thru the help screen for NET USE, and can't for the
life of me figure out why the NET USE command is failing.

Dave
David

Re: "No mapping between account names and security ID's " error
I just installed the hotfix for XP so i can see it on the network map in
Vista. still get the error when trying to backup to the xp folder. the
error (title of thread) pops up when i click "next" after inputting user
name and password for XP

dave
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: "No mapping between account names and security ID's " error
Does that work if you try net view \\ipaddress? Or this search result may help.

System ErrorsSystem error 67 - The network name cannot be found System Error 71 - The network request was not accepted System error 85 has occurred. ...
www.chicagotech.net/systemerrors.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE