Vista to Vista networked printer problem

rtietjen@gmail.com

Vista to Vista networked printer problem
Have two machine both installed with Vista Home Premium. On Desktop
have an HP Officejet 6110 printer shared. Attempting to print from a
Laptop via the shared printer using the name, not IP. When I first add
the printer, I am able to print. When I reboot and try to print again,
the print que times out and I am not able to print.

I have done the basics, made certain that both firewalls are not
preventing the issue. I am using the default firewall on both machines
with Avast home for the virus protection. Verifed that the correct
driver is installed on both machines as well. It is frustrating that I
can print after adding the printer, but cannot after that.

Any thoughts and helpm would be appreciated.

Thank you,
rtietjen

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista to Vista networked printer problem

The above link is vista file and printer sharing info from Microsoft.

"rtietjen@gmail.com" wrote:

> Have two machine both installed with Vista Home Premium. On Desktop
> have an HP Officejet 6110 printer shared. Attempting to print from a
> Laptop via the shared printer using the name, not IP. When I first add
> the printer, I am able to print. When I reboot and try to print again,
> the print que times out and I am not able to print.
>
> I have done the basics, made certain that both firewalls are not
> preventing the issue. I am using the default firewall on both machines
> with Avast home for the virus protection. Verifed that the correct
> driver is installed on both machines as well. It is frustrating that I
> can print after adding the printer, but cannot after that.
>
> Any thoughts and helpm would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> rtietjen

rtietjen@gmail.com

Re: Vista to Vista networked printer problem
Mick,
I appreciate the link, but I have already followed the steps
mentioned in this article. I can browse to the computer and see the
share. The issue is, I am able to print ONLY right after adding the
printer. After a reboot the print job just times out and does not
print.

Thanks,
rtietjen