Internet is Whack

Al Capwn

Internet is Whack
My internet has gone screwy. It says that I'm connected to the network,
router, and internet, but it won't let me get onto the internet, although the
network works.

Screenshot of this is at this URL:

http://nerdcenter.tripod.com/sitebui...screenshot.jpg

It isn't the firewall or anything like that, and my internet works if I plug
the computer into the router with an ethernet cable.

Thanks for your time.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
JackLondon

Re: Internet is Whack

Al Capwn;453714 Wrote:
> My internet has gone screwy. It says that I'm connected to the network,
> router, and internet, but it won't let me get onto the internet,
> although the
> network works.
>
> Screenshot of this is at this URL:
>
> http://nerdcenter.tripod.com/sitebui...screenshot.jpg
>
> It isn't the firewall or anything like that, and my internet works if I
> plug
> the computer into the router with an ethernet cable.
>

> Thanks for your time.
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> "I
> this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> 'Windows Vista Community: Discussion Groups'
> (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing)

Have you tried re-installing the router through your PC ? If that does
not help try updating your drivers for Wireless.It helped when I had a
problem like that.arty:

--
JackLondon
Meinolf Weber

Re: Internet is Whack
Hello Al,

Looks that theire was a change on your router config.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> My internet has gone screwy. It says that I'm connected to the
> network, router, and internet, but it won't let me get onto the
> internet, although the network works.
>
> Screenshot of this is at this URL:
>
> http://nerdcenter.tripod.com/sitebui...derpictures/sc
> reenshot.jpg
>
> It isn't the firewall or anything like that, and my internet works if
> I plug the computer into the router with an ethernet cable.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
> the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
> follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com.../en-us/default.
> mspx?mid=1b771483-1263-4f89-a915-3e814647da20&dg=microsoft.public.wind
> ows.vista.networking_sharing

Al Capwn

Re: Internet is Whack
I tried both and guess what it turns out? My zoomtown software for
installing the router doesn't work (on either my Vista or my XP computers),
so I try to update the routers firmware, and it wont accept! I will get a
new router AND software, and hopefully that will fix the problem.
Meinolf Weber

Re: Internet is Whack
Hello Al,

Can you ping the router? Then login to it over Webinterface. I made the experience
that all delivered software is not really needed. You can setup all over
webinterface and this doesn't disturb windows.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I tried both and guess what it turns out? My zoomtown software for
> installing the router doesn't work (on either my Vista or my XP
> computers), so I try to update the routers firmware, and it wont
> accept! I will get a new router AND software, and hopefully that will
> fix the problem.

JackLondon

Re: Internet is Whack

Al Capwn;453988 Wrote:
> I tried both and guess what it turns out? My zoomtown software for
> installing the router doesn't work (on either my Vista or my XP
> computers),
> so I try to update the routers firmware, and it wont accept! I will get
> new router AND software, and hopefully that will fix the problem.

I had the same problem once but my router is Netgear, I had a leaflet
saying that before installing it on a PC with Vista I had to download
some files from the internet which was kind of impossible without having
internet. Done on the other pc runned throug wireless and downloaded the
drivers, turned out that I had to update the driver for wireless as well
so good luck, and before you buy new stuff try to look up their website
for some updates.

--
JackLondon