vista x64 and DC++ problems

uqoreimo

vista x64 and DC++ problems

Hi,

i have been using Vista x64 for a while now, and can't seem to get DC++
to work properly . I have a firewall + kaspersky AV . The problem is
this, when I try to use DC++ with the " Direct Connection " option, I
can log in to hubs, see other people, chat, but cannot download file
lists, don't get search restults etc . If I set DC++ on " Passive -
Firewalled " it works, but as you know , you find way less files and so
on, so it's not that great. I have tryed everything, Windows Firewall
doesn't block DC++ ( it's on allow list and now disabled ) my other
firewall ( Comodo Firewall beta 2 etc ) is set to allow everything for
DC++ ( any port, incoming / outgoing connections etc ) and nothing seems
to work . I also tried to disable comodo firewall + windows firewall,
closed AV and everything, but this still happens. I have searched other
forums and didn't find any info . PS : I am connected to a LAN network
and have my external IP, subnet mask, GW, DNS 1- 2 on my ethernet
adapter etc if anyone wonders . There are no problems from the ISP since
I also have Windows XP ( 32 ) on this PC and there I have no problems
with DC++ . I also tried LDC++ , StrongDC etc ...nothing seems to work .
Please if anyone has any simillar problems or knows anything about this
...would be greatly appriciated . Thank you .

--
uqoreimo
Windymiller47

RE: vista x64 and DC++ problems
Hi,

i am having the same problems aswell. Just upgraded to 64 bit vista and
cannot search files. No problem connecting to hubs, just cant do anything
once i have made that connection. Am having a lot of problems with other
programs, roxio and nero to name but a few. So basically i have a brand new
system that will only run 30 percent of my programs. If i'd know i'd have his
much trouble with compatability i would have had second thoughts. Would
really like to get DC++ up an running, so if anyone knows a solution, it
would be much appreciated. Also if anyone know of a good compatable program
for burning data, images and films, please let me know.

Thanks

"uqoreimo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have been using Vista x64 for a while now, and can't seem to get DC++
> to work properly . I have a firewall + kaspersky AV . The problem is
> this, when I try to use DC++ with the " Direct Connection " option, I
> can log in to hubs, see other people, chat, but cannot download file
> lists, don't get search restults etc . If I set DC++ on " Passive -
> Firewalled " it works, but as you know , you find way less files and so
> on, so it's not that great. I have tryed everything, Windows Firewall
> doesn't block DC++ ( it's on allow list and now disabled ) my other
> firewall ( Comodo Firewall beta 2 etc ) is set to allow everything for
> DC++ ( any port, incoming / outgoing connections etc ) and nothing seems
> to work . I also tried to disable comodo firewall + windows firewall,
> closed AV and everything, but this still happens. I have searched other
> forums and didn't find any info . PS : I am connected to a LAN network
> and have my external IP, subnet mask, GW, DNS 1- 2 on my ethernet
> adapter etc if anyone wonders . There are no problems from the ISP since
> I also have Windows XP ( 32 ) on this PC and there I have no problems
> with DC++ . I also tried LDC++ , StrongDC etc ...nothing seems to work .
> Please if anyone has any simillar problems or knows anything about this
> ...would be greatly appriciated . Thank you .
>

> --
> uqoreimo

Windymiller47

RE: vista x64 and DC++ problems
Hi,

i'm having the same trouble. Just upgraded to 64bit vista and cannot search
or download files. I have no trouble connecting to hubs, just cant do
anything once i'm there. Having a lot of compatability problems with other
programs, only about 30 percent of my programs run, or even install, roxio
and nero to name a couple, most frustrating. Anyone know of a solution to our
DC++ problem or even any other good burning program for data, images and
films, would be much appreciated.

Thanks