Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied.

DaDawg

Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied.
I just got a new laptop with Vista Home Pre. on it. I am connecting to my
home network via wireless adapter. I can connect to the network and I can
see the shared printer on my WinXP Pro desktop but when I right click and
select connect I get "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is
denied." I can connect to the shared printer from other XP systems on my
network but the Vista Laptop gives me this error. I have a friend that also
has a Vista Laptop and has the same problem connecting to my shared printer.
The printer is an Epson C88+ if that helps.
kuan wai

RE: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied.
on the WinXP desktop, check the security permission

right click on the printer > security

See if 'Everyone' exist in the list and if 'Print' permission is set to
'Allow'

of course, you can be more specific on which user can print.

"DaDawg" wrote:

> I just got a new laptop with Vista Home Pre. on it. I am connecting to my
> home network via wireless adapter. I can connect to the network and I can
> see the shared printer on my WinXP Pro desktop but when I right click and
> select connect I get "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is
> denied." I can connect to the shared printer from other XP systems on my
> network but the Vista Laptop gives me this error. I have a friend that also
> has a Vista Laptop and has the same problem connecting to my shared printer.
> The printer is an Epson C88+ if that helps.

Mick Murphy

"DaDawg" wrote:

> I just got a new laptop with Vista Home Pre. on it. I am connecting to my
> home network via wireless adapter. I can connect to the network and I can
> see the shared printer on my WinXP Pro desktop but when I right click and
> select connect I get "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is
> denied." I can connect to the shared printer from other XP systems on my
> network but the Vista Laptop gives me this error. I have a friend that also
> has a Vista Laptop and has the same problem connecting to my shared printer.
> The printer is an Epson C88+ if that helps.

ChrisPy

RE: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied.
I am having the same problem and cannot get to the security tab on XP as
suggested (holding ctrl and right click doesnothing). Didi you find a
solution?