Internet connection suddenly dropping

Techguy172

Internet connection suddenly dropping
Hi I upgraded a few months ago, and im have having problems with my internet
connection suddenly dropping I completly lose it unless i restart, I have
tried to diagnose the problem reset my connection i have refreshed it. No
luck. I am on a wired connection by the way.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Internet connection suddenly dropping
It could be incompatible issue. check any new firmware for the router or driver for NIC. This link may help too.

Vista incompatible issuesVista Incompatible issues. 1. Some switches or routers may not compatible with Vista – Solutions: upgrade the firmware, disable the IPv6, re-configure the ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistacompatible.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Techguy172" <Techguy172@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4B23738-CD0C-4D18-BB15-CBBF09AC70BD@microsoft.com...
Hi I upgraded a few months ago, and im have having problems with my internet
connection suddenly dropping I completly lose it unless i restart, I have
tried to diagnose the problem reset my connection i have refreshed it. No
luck. I am on a wired connection by the way.
titere05

RE: Internet connection suddenly dropping
I started having this problem yesterday, it happens every now and then. Other
PCs using my shared internet connection stay online just fine, but my system
reacts as if I had unplugged the modem. I mean, it doesn't even look for
websites, it just says it can't connect. I have an ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe, all
ASUS Vista x64 drivers installed for this mobo, and it worked fine for 7 days
before, so don't know what the problem is.
Kind of annoying, really.
adachan

RE: Internet connection suddenly dropping
I have having the exact same problem. I have tried a number of things like
changing the registry with some settings I found doing google searches.
Also, I have tried different NICs. Nothing works. The internet connection
gets dropped all the time unless I reboot. The interesting thing here is
that the LAN computers and the internet is not available, however, my hamachi
connection remains live and I can see the other computers on my LAN via the
hamachi IP. Any help?
Radioflyer651

RE: Internet connection suddenly dropping
I got an odd work around for you:

I have the exact same problem. If you wait long enough, the connection
actually MIGHT come back. Could be a few minutes, or a few hours.

Something someone posed on another board to get this to work:

Go to Windows Update, and click on "Check For New Updates" (or something
like that).

It will probably fail a few times. Click it repeatedly... After about 10
times or so, your connection magically re-appears.

Not super technical, but it saves a re-boot!

Good luck!

"Techguy172" wrote:

> Hi I upgraded a few months ago, and im have having problems with my internet
> connection suddenly dropping I completly lose it unless i restart, I have
> tried to diagnose the problem reset my connection i have refreshed it. No
> luck. I am on a wired connection by the way.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Internet connection suddenly dropping
Microsoft has a new update that may fix this issue. Check this link for more
details.

Windows Vista Update and download
Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability.
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net