Unable to set up WPA2-Enterprise network
I have an HP NC8430 laptop with Vista Enterprise running the latest bios and
hardware drivers for the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG adapter. It is hotfixed
to the latest level and I have installed the latest Vista WiFi patch
I can set up WEP connections fine but not WPA2-Enterprise ones.
Here's what I see...
- go to Control Panel | Network and Sharing Center
- select Manage Wireless Networks
- select Add
- select Manually Create a Network Profile
- provide network name
- select WPA2-Enterprise security
- select AES encryption
- click Next
- system returns "an unexpected error occurred"
- create a new connection with "no authentication"
- modify it's properties
- change security to WPA2-Enterprise
- select encryption type AES
- note that "choose a network authenication type" drop down list is empty -
I should be able to select "Smart Card or another Certification"
I have colleagues with identical hardware running Vista who this works for.
The problem is isolated to my PC - it seems to have forgotten what
authentication methods it supports.
Any ideas before I resign myself to trashing the system and rebuilding from