Help With File sharing Vista to vista

tbone

Help With File sharing Vista to vista
Hi I have Vista premium on my pc and laptop...I have networked them no probs
and I can see all my pC files on my laptop...when I try to access them on my
laptop from my pc it always states that access is denied....I have given both
computers the same workgroup name and private network name and I have set the
shared files to give permission but when the shared file on pc is opened it
deosnt see the laptop as one of the things I can give permision to...not sure
if I am just dribbling on a bit here..so basically I can see the files but
access is denied...can anyone help please.
Bob J

RE: Help With File sharing Vista to vista
Have you set file & printer sharing to "on" in Network and Sharing Centre on
both PC's
Which firewall are you using on each PC?
The firewalls need to be set to allow sharing maybe!!!

--
Regards
Bob J

"tbone" wrote:

> Hi I have Vista premium on my pc and laptop...I have networked them no probs
> and I can see all my pC files on my laptop...when I try to access them on my
> laptop from my pc it always states that access is denied....I have given both
> computers the same workgroup name and private network name and I have set the
> shared files to give permission but when the shared file on pc is opened it
> deosnt see the laptop as one of the things I can give permision to...not sure
> if I am just dribbling on a bit here..so basically I can see the files but
> access is denied...can anyone help please.

Mick Murphy

RE: Help With File sharing Vista to vista

The above link should help; it is all about file sharing Vista 2 Vista

"tbone" wrote:

> Hi I have Vista premium on my pc and laptop...I have networked them no probs
> and I can see all my pC files on my laptop...when I try to access them on my
> laptop from my pc it always states that access is denied....I have given both
> computers the same workgroup name and private network name and I have set the
> shared files to give permission but when the shared file on pc is opened it
> deosnt see the laptop as one of the things I can give permision to...not sure
> if I am just dribbling on a bit here..so basically I can see the files but
> access is denied...can anyone help please.

tbone

RE: Help With File sharing Vista to vista
Thanks Bob J I am not sure on firewalls...I use a netgear router with avg
on my pc and mcfee on laptop..I am able to share folders ect on my public
folders but I cannot share from any other location on th pc