Loose Network connection

Richardb

Loose Network connection
When my computer goes to sleep or hibernates I loose my network connection.
The only way to get it back is to reboot the computer. Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Richard
Jonathan Eisenberg

Home Network Vista-XP Sharing Access
On my home network with, the Vista PC (Home Premium) is able to see and use
the XP PC, and the XP PC can see the Vista PC but it cannot access it.

The Vista PC can access drives and files on the XP PC, and can map virtual
dirves to the XP. Also, I have printer sharing "on" on the XP, and the
Vista PC can print via the XP PC. The XP PC shows up on the full network
map on the Vista PC. The Link Layer Topology Discovery update has been
installed on the XP PC. So far, so good (this took many hours to figure
out!).

Sharing for "Everyone" is "on" on the Vista PC. In the Network and Sharing
Center: Network Discovery, File Sharing and Public Folder Sharing are all
"on" and Password Protected Sharing is "off." The firewalls on each
computer are set to accept traffic from each other. Each computer can ping
the other successfully.

The XP PC can "see" the Vista comptuer but cannot access it. When I try to
"add a network location" if I use \\192.168.2.X I receive a return that this
"needs a share" (whatever that means). If I use the address \\192.168.2.X\c
the XP computer will add this as a network location but then it states that
the drive is not accessible because I do not have permission. This leaves
an icon for the Vista C drive on the network locations screen, but clicking
on the icon yields the same result - no access.

Please send suggestions to fix this. Thank you!

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Home Network Vista-XP Sharing Access
make sure share permissions must match the folder security for access to a share. Or check this troubleshooting.

Vista Permission IssuesSolved: Vista sharing - Access denied .... Vista Home Premium wireless through the same router. Cannot share files between XP and Vista unless both . ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Jonathan Eisenberg" <joneisenberg@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eV73olO9HHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
[...]

Re: Loose Network connection
You may want to re-configure the power settings. these search results may help,

Vista: after hibernate it can't ...Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:03 pm Post subject: Vista: after hibernate it can't find my wireless network, Reply with quote ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=331

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista kicks off netowrk when idle?
Vista: after hibernate it can't ...with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. The inability to ... A: Try to re-set power save option on the ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...f34b52 0a9600

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista turns off wireless adapter ...
937477 After you wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep or from hibernation, the network icon in the notification area does not show the correct ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=875

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Richardb" <Richardb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90DDAE30-37A6-4253-A24C-979DA4E42097@microsoft.com...
When my computer goes to sleep or hibernates I loose my network connection.
The only way to get it back is to reboot the computer. Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Richard
Richardb

Re: Loose Network connection