Can´t connect to Google using Wi Fi

JAZURITA

Can´t connect to Google using Wi Fi
Hello all !
Since I installed my new Linksys WRT54GX2 router I can´t connect to google
(google.com, google.com/ig) but I can browse any other site on the internet.
If I connect my Ethernet card I can see Google or so...
Have you ever have the same porblem ? What can I do ?

Thanks to all !
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Can´t connect to Google using Wi Fi
Check if there is a new firmware for the wireless router as the below post suggested. Also some internet access may be fixed by netsh.

Vista Internet Access IssuesVista: Can't access some secure web sites .... don’t fix the problem, try to use FireFox because some web sites and coding may not be compatible with IE 7. ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaieissues.htm

Vista Troubleshooting ToolsVista Troubleshooting Tools. Many Vista issues can be fixed by using netsh ... Info: Step by step troubleshooting VISTA sharing ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistatools.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"JAZURITA" <JAZURITA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B1EB336-1CFC-4B2E-A93A-DB90467E4201@microsoft.com...
Hello all !
Since I installed my new Linksys WRT54GX2 router I can´t connect to google
(google.com, google.com/ig) but I can browse any other site on the internet.
If I connect my Ethernet card I can see Google or so...
Have you ever have the same porblem ? What can I do ?

Thanks to all !
JAZURITA

Re: Can´t connect to Google using Wi Fi
Thanks ! I solved the problem changing my Authentication Method WPA-Personal
with TKIP instead of WPA2-Personal with TKIP... Can you explain me why ??? I
don´t know why it was happened...!

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Check if there is a new firmware for the wireless router as the below post suggested. Also some internet access may be fixed by netsh.
>
> Vista Internet Access IssuesVista: Can't access some secure web sites .... don’t fix the problem, try to use FireFox because some web sites and coding may not be compatible with IE 7. ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaieissues.htm
>
> Vista Troubleshooting ToolsVista Troubleshooting Tools. Many Vista issues can be fixed by using netsh ... Info: Step by step troubleshooting VISTA sharing ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistatools.htm
>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "JAZURITA" <JAZURITA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B1EB336-1CFC-4B2E-A93A-DB90467E4201@microsoft.com...
> Hello all !
> Since I installed my new Linksys WRT54GX2 router I can´t connect to google
> (google.com, google.com/ig) but I can browse any other site on the internet.
> If I connect my Ethernet card I can see Google or so...
> Have you ever have the same porblem ? What can I do ?
>

> Thanks to all !

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Can´t connect to Google using Wi Fi
Thank you for posting back. In this case, Microsoft update may fix the problem. these search results may give you more details.

Wireless: Can't setup WPA2-PSK in ...Some of XP can setup WPA2-PSk to access the wireless. ... Make sure taht the wireless card with firmware and drivers that support WPA2-Personal. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...e63e64b224e974

Many Wireless issues can be fixed by hotfixCase 1: The XP computer doesn't have option to select WPA2. ... The Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)/Wireless Provisioning Services Information Element (WPS ...
www.chicagotech.net/wireless/wirelesshotfix.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE