Network drive and Sync Center problems

Randy

Network drive and Sync Center problems
Well, I have kind of a strange problem. I mapped a network drive from my
university and accidentally right clicked on it and checked "Make Available
Offline" and it started retrieving all kinds of stuff and putting it on my
HDD. So, I tried to turn that feature off, and now every time I start my
computer the Sync Center starts up and it tries to sync the data on that
network drive. I can’t seem to figure out how to disable the Sync Center and
turn off that feature that is making it download all those files. I wouldn’t
really mind it, but there's terabytes of information on that drive and it is
username and password protected so I can’t get into anything but my specific
folder. Help...

-Randy
Ben Waldon

RE: Network drive and Sync Center problems
I am having this same problem. HOwever, I want to use offline files.

I have a Vista Business Edition connected to a windows 2003 sbs domain.

In addition to offline files not syncing correctly, it takes FOREVER to
transfer large files across the network. For example, a 1.1GB folder said it
would take 6 days. I give it time, but it's evident that it just isn't
working.

I have the most current version of the driver for the NIC. I also disabled
remote differential compression & disabled tcp automatic adjustment.

Is there a specific patch on the server that should fix this?

There seems to be alot of people having this issue, but the suggested
repairs aren't working yet.

Thanks,
Ben

--