Can't write to the shared folder

liuhengyi@gmail.com

Can't write to the shared folder
Hi,

I have two Vista machines. On machine A, I enabled sharing on the
Documents folder. I am the owner and have the Full Control access. On
machine B, I can see the files, but I can't update or create a file in
the shared folder. Why is that? Both machines have the same login name
and password.

Thanks,
Heng-yi

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Can't write to the shared folder
Have you assigned permissions in the Security tab? Or this link may help,

Vista Permission IssuesCan I assume the external drive used to be connecting to other computer and you just re-connect it the the Vista? Check the permission using this command: . ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
<liuhengyi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189303621.034298.152860@r29g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
Hi,

I have two Vista machines. On machine A, I enabled sharing on the
Documents folder. I am the owner and have the Full Control access. On
machine B, I can see the files, but I can't update or create a file in
the shared folder. Why is that? Both machines have the same login name
and password.

Thanks,
Heng-yi

liuhengyi@gmail.com

Re: Can't write to the shared folder
I found where to set it. It's in the Properties -> Sharing -> Advanced
Sharing -> Permissions, then grant the user Full Control access.

It seems it's very hard to navigate to the right place to change it. I
was looking at the Properties -> Security tab and was unable to make
it work.

On Sep 8, 8:13 pm, "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" <nore...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Have you assigned permissions in the Security tab? Or this link may help,
>
> Vista Permission IssuesCan I assume the external drive used to be connecting to other computer and you just re-connect it the the Vista? Check the permission using this command: . ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com <liuhen...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1189303621.034298.152860@r29g2000hsg.g ooglegroups.com...
>
> Hi,
>
> I have two Vista machines. On machine A, I enabled sharing on the
> Documents folder. I am the owner and have the Full Control access. On
> machine B, I can see the files, but I can't update or create a file in
> the shared folder. Why is that? Both machines have the same login name
> and password.
>
> Thanks,
> Heng-yi

Robert L [MVP - Networking]