RE: After waking from hybernation no internet?

DerickB

RE: After waking from hybernation no internet?
From what I have seen this is an all-around issue with Vista, and it seems
Microsoft has shot themselves in the foot. I have been playing with a Sony
laptop with different PCMCIA network cards, and with a hard drive with XP on
it, it has not been a problem. When I put the Vista hard drive in, it can not
be resolved, and I have looked everywhere and tried everything, even locking
in the gateway information, switching the shutdown the card function on and
off, and trying ipconfig and repair utilities, but all to no avail. Time for
microsoft to pick up the pieces, and do a repair or complete rewrite of bad
system programming.
I wonder when they will finally agree that this is a real problem, and
figure out that as long as they do not fix the problems they created, it will
put more people off going to the new systems, and stay with the old ones.

"Tucker" wrote:

> After my computer wakes from its sleep i lose connection to the internet and
> my home network. The only way to get the internet back is to restart the
> computer. Neone know an answer to this problem?
>
> I have a Linksys Wireless G broadband router, but all my connections are
> hardwire and not wireless and use a generic internet modem from charter comm.

WindyGeorge

"DerickB" wrote:

> From what I have seen this is an all-around issue with Vista, and it seems
> Microsoft has shot themselves in the foot. I have been playing with a Sony
> laptop with different PCMCIA network cards, and with a hard drive with XP on
> it, it has not been a problem. When I put the Vista hard drive in, it can not
> be resolved, and I have looked everywhere and tried everything, even locking
> in the gateway information, switching the shutdown the card function on and
> off, and trying ipconfig and repair utilities, but all to no avail. Time for
> microsoft to pick up the pieces, and do a repair or complete rewrite of bad
> system programming.
> I wonder when they will finally agree that this is a real problem, and
> figure out that as long as they do not fix the problems they created, it will
> put more people off going to the new systems, and stay with the old ones.
>
> "Tucker" wrote:
>
> > After my computer wakes from its sleep i lose connection to the internet and
> > my home network. The only way to get the internet back is to restart the
> > computer. Neone know an answer to this problem?
> >
> > I have a Linksys Wireless G broadband router, but all my connections are
> > hardwire and not wireless and use a generic internet modem from charter comm.

Hi All:

My problem was resolved some time ago and I did write a submission to this
group but I do not know where that answer might be. The basic problem was
that the power setting "Allow Windows to turn this device off to conserve
power" was not checked to allow Windows to turn off the device therefore
Windows would not turn on the device... AND ... a then recent update to the
Vista OS. The device is the NIC and the setting is that NIC under the device
manager, the power settings tab.

George
DerickB

RE: After waking from hybernation no internet?
That may have worked for some of the people some of the time, but, alas, it
has not for me. And I switched my network card from Belkin Pre-N to the
latest Dlink N-Spec, and also my router from Pre-N to Dlink N-spec, but with
no noticeable difference. And some of the august updates did not do it for
me, no change in how it reacts. So, I still think it needs some major rewrite
to get this under control for most machines and environments. Maybe it is
time for the first Vista Service Pack, which may be the reason a lot of
people have not gone over to Vista yet, and I am considering putting the hard
drive with XP Pro back in the laptop again, the slowness of the system and
the problems encountered are not worth the aggrevation and time spent on
resolving problems.