vista destination folder "you need permission to perform this action"

bdog4@hotmail.com

vista destination folder "you need permission to perform this action"
I'm a domain administrator and I'm setting up my first Vista
workstation. I'm trying to copy a users favorites and my documents to
the new pc. I'm logging in as domain admin into the vista machine and
I have browsed to the users pc by \\pcname\c$ and I'm trying to copy
the files to a local folder I created called Temp. When I paste it
will copy some files but some ".jpg" files and some ".url" files will
come back with the error "Destination folder : you need permission to
perform this action" Any ideas, I've tried disabling UAC and took
ownership of the folder I created I don't see how the destination
folder could care what is being put in it????

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: vista destination folder "you need permission to perform this action"
You may want to check Replace owner on subcontainers. These posts may give more details.

You need permission to perform ...You need permission to perform this action" you can only click 'RETRY. ... http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...php?p=923&sid= ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...6ea06 bc40d5f

"Destination Folder Access Denied"You need permission to perform this action" you can only click 'RETRY.' or 'CANCEL'....of course 'RETRY' just repeats the error window and 'CANCEL' removes ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...391108 a51c2d

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
<bdog4@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1189097807.321169.151330@r34g2000hsd.googlegr oups.com...
I'm a domain administrator and I'm setting up my first Vista
workstation. I'm trying to copy a users favorites and my documents to
the new pc. I'm logging in as domain admin into the vista machine and
I have browsed to the users pc by \\pcname\c$ and I'm trying to copy
the files to a local folder I created called Temp. When I paste it
will copy some files but some ".jpg" files and some ".url" files will
come back with the error "Destination folder : you need permission to
perform this action" Any ideas, I've tried disabling UAC and took
ownership of the folder I created I don't see how the destination
folder could care what is being put in it????

bdog4@hotmail.com

Re: vista destination folder "you need permission to perform this action"
Ok tried that still same thing. Why doesn't the domain admin
permission override this??

bdog4@hotmail.com

Re: vista destination folder "you need permission to perform this action"
I've tried everything. I can see/open the files on the remote 2000
machine but if I try and copy any file to the vista machine(any
location) says access denied. I've even created a new folder gave
myself full rights and ownership and changed the permissions on a
remote file to same and still cannot copy.

Kanoye

Re: vista destination folder "you need permission to perform this action"

I have the same problem. I read somewhere that an update could solve
that problem. I also read that you could solve this issue by "moving"
the folder instead of "copying" it. I haven't tried either yet.

--
Kanoye