Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"Mymy" <email@example.com> wrote in message news:firstname.lastname@example.org ps.com...
I post this information I got on internet because it was hard to solve
Model computer: Sony VAIO VGN-N21E/W SW1 (Swiss Model)
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Wireless card: LAN-Express
Access Point: SonicWall
Problem: The problem come from the new tcp/ip stack integrated in
Vista.. I couldn't get any IP from a DHCP server. I could see the
Access Point and connect my laptop on it but never get any IP from my
How to solve: You have to modify a key in the registry to make your
Vista able to get an IP from your DHCP server.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Select All Programs > Accessories.
3. Right click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
4. Type regedit.exe and press enter.
5. Go to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
6. Right click this entry and select New Dword.
7. Rename the new entry ArpRetryCount (leave it set to 0 by
8. Restart the computer.
9. Reassociate with the SonicWALL. You should notice a successful
Hope it can help people.