tv tuner supported under windows vista ultimate

Edward Letendre

tv tuner supported under windows vista ultimate
I have windows vista ultimate installed on my computer and I have a hauppauge
350 tv tuner in my computer as of now. I have read that tv tuners that are
vista certified can record shows even when the computer is turned off. I
know that the hauppauge 350 is not fully vista compatible (the remote control
can raise or lower the volume but not change the channel or use other
functions with the remove and I have the latest drivers available).

But what other makes of tv tuners are vista compatible? Are there any
current or new products that will be fully vista compatible? I have been to
the nvidia and ATI web sites but there is no information on tv tuners there
and I have seen a product by avermedia, but I cannot find the product in
Canada (which is where I live and would like to purchase my product from).
Any help would be appreciated.

Edward Letendre
Michael

Re: tv tuner supported under windows vista ultimate
I use Hauppage WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC combo internal PCI bus card with my
Vista Home Premium.
As far as I can tell it is 'fully' Vista compatible (remote works fine). Got
mine at Best Buy (or maybe it was Compusa) several months ago. It comes with
a set of programs to view/play/record for XP which are unnecessary (and
don't work for me) in Vista. Just the drivers are needed to make Media
Center happy.

Don't know that it would record from computer 'off' but do know that it
records from 'sleep'.
Some laptops are supposed to be able to PLAY multimedia even when 'off', it
is part of Intel Viiv.

Michael

"Edward Letendre" <EdwardLetendre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7665382B-026B-4448-95F5-F601A8BB0355@microsoft.com...
>I have windows vista ultimate installed on my computer and I have a
>hauppauge
> 350 tv tuner in my computer as of now. I have read that tv tuners that
> are
> vista certified can record shows even when the computer is turned off. I
> know that the hauppauge 350 is not fully vista compatible (the remote
> control
> can raise or lower the volume but not change the channel or use other
> functions with the remove and I have the latest drivers available).
>
> But what other makes of tv tuners are vista compatible? Are there any
> current or new products that will be fully vista compatible? I have been
> the nvidia and ATI web sites but there is no information on tv tuners
> there
> and I have seen a product by avermedia, but I cannot find the product in
> Canada (which is where I live and would like to purchase my product from).
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Edward Letendre

JW

Re: tv tuner supported under windows vista ultimate
Here is the current list of Hauppauge MCE2005/Vista tuners.
http://hauppauge.com/pages/prods_mce_upgrades.html