windows vistas movie maker version 6.0 problem

joanne

windows vistas movie maker version 6.0 problem
okay, i made a video on windows home premium , windows movie maker version
6.0 and i saved this project into a usb hard drive because when i tried to
make this video on my windows xp computer, windows movie maker version 5.1,
it wasnt working. now, i want to upload and save to my computer in order to
put it on youtube: the video i made on windows home premium (my friends
labtop) onto my windows xp windows movie maker but it wont allow me because
the movie project was made by a different version of windows movie maker as
it told me. i cannot save my project to my friends computer because its not
my computer, you know, so what can i do to make it work for my windows xp?
PapaJohn

Re: windows vistas movie maker version 6.0 problem
You can't go backwards... and use a project file saved by MM6 in Vista on an
XP system.... you need to either render the project to a movie on Vista and
bring it to the XP system, or start over on the XP.

PapaJohn

"joanne" <joanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay, i made a video on windows home premium , windows movie maker
> version
> 6.0 and i saved this project into a usb hard drive because when i tried to
> make this video on my windows xp computer, windows movie maker version
> 5.1,
> it wasnt working. now, i want to upload and save to my computer in order
> put it on youtube: the video i made on windows home premium (my friends
> labtop) onto my windows xp windows movie maker but it wont allow me
> because
> the movie project was made by a different version of windows movie maker
> as
> it told me. i cannot save my project to my friends computer because its
> not
> my computer, you know, so what can i do to make it work for my windows xp?

Graham Hughes

Re: windows vistas movie maker version 6.0 problem
Save the movie file not the project. Use one of the compressed wmv versions
then take this to your pc.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media