Blurry slideshow in Windows Photo Gallery

Ralph Wiggum

Blurry slideshow in Windows Photo Gallery
When viewing photos in slideshow-mode with the Fade theme selected, the
images lose a lot of quality:

http://shell.novanett.no/~oye/WindowsPhotoGallery.jpg

Do I have a wrong setting somewhere? I'm running Vista Ultimate.

Here's the original photo:

http://shell.novanett.no/~oye/IMG_2739.JPG
Ralph Wiggum

Re: Blurry slideshow in Windows Photo Gallery
Am I the only one experiencing this?

Ralph Wiggum wrote:
> When viewing photos in slideshow-mode with the Fade theme selected, the
> images lose a lot of quality:
>
> http://shell.novanett.no/~oye/WindowsPhotoGallery.jpg
>
> Do I have a wrong setting somewhere? I'm running Vista Ultimate.
>
> Here's the original photo:
>
> http://shell.novanett.no/~oye/IMG_2739.JPG

Adam Albright

Re: Blurry slideshow in Windows Photo Gallery
On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:41:13 +0200, Ralph Wiggum <go.ahead@spam.me>
wrote:

>Am I the only one experiencing this?
>
>Ralph Wiggum wrote:
>> When viewing photos in slideshow-mode with the Fade theme selected, the
>> images lose a lot of quality:
>>
>> http://shell.novanett.no/~oye/WindowsPhotoGallery.jpg
>>
>> Do I have a wrong setting somewhere? I'm running Vista Ultimate.
>>
>> Here's the original photo:
>>
>> http://shell.novanett.no/~oye/IMG_2739.JPG

No, I don't see what you see. So I tried making a slideshow with some
higher resolution images each about 5 MB in size. They still appear
crisp. So unless you're talking about some transitional frame as one
image changes to next where the pixels from one image get transposed
with the next one during the fade, depending on the detail in the
image I guess it cold become a bit fuzzy during the fade.

If that isn't it I would next suspect either your monitor, graphic
card or drivers for same. I doubt this is a Vista issue. If you have a
digital LCD monitor it is critical you stick with it's native
resolution. While you can change it to something else that can
dramatically reduce quality.

Just for point of reference I'm using a Dell ultra sharp 24 inch wide
LCD monitor with native resolution of 1920x1200 and a GeForce 7600 GT,
NVIDIA graphic card with 250 MB on card memory.

Adam Albright wrote:

> No, I don't see what you see. So I tried making a slideshow with some
> higher resolution images each about 5 MB in size. They still appear
> crisp. So unless you're talking about some transitional frame as one
> image changes to next where the pixels from one image get transposed
> with the next one during the fade, depending on the detail in the
> image I guess it cold become a bit fuzzy during the fade.
>
> If that isn't it I would next suspect either your monitor, graphic
> card or drivers for same. I doubt this is a Vista issue. If you have a
> digital LCD monitor it is critical you stick with it's native
> resolution. While you can change it to something else that can
> dramatically reduce quality.
>
> Just for point of reference I'm using a Dell ultra sharp 24 inch wide
> LCD monitor with native resolution of 1920x1200 and a GeForce 7600 GT,
> NVIDIA graphic card with 250 MB on card memory.

The blurring is constant, not just during the fade.

I have a Dell ultra sharp 20" running in its native 1600x1200 resolution
with a Nvidia 8800 GTS. I'm using the latest beta driver from Nvidia.

Just found someone else with the same problem, see second quirk:
http://www.vistajuice.com/2007/02/vi...ery_quirks.php

Onedutch

Re: Blurry slideshow in Windows Photo Gallery
YES I have the same problem, I was at the point to blame the Canon EoS 350D...

When starting Windows Photo Gallery the pictures look OK in the overview.
When I double press a picture it opens within Windows Photo Gallery, also in
this view the picture is OK. Butt when pressing the SlideShow button to go to
full screen the picture get's Blurred or somthing. This is not during
transition, it's on all pictures all times. Infact I even think the
next/previous and Pause buttons are blurred asswell.

Because I'm not using the full screen alltimes i'm unsure what I , perhaps,
installed to get this problem. When I started with Vista it was no problem.

I experience Video play problems also, stuttering etc. I will putt that in
another topic.

Using, Vista Ultimate English , Dell 27" ultrasharp 1920x1200, perhaps ORB
did something? I;m suing ORB for remote viewing the pictures on my mobile.

--
Tom from Holland