Flashcard reader autoplay not working

Tim

Flashcard reader autoplay not working
Hello, I have an HP Slimline s7700n with the built in Hitachi flash card
reader. Operating system: Vista Home Premium. When I plug in our memory
stick into the reader the autoplay function is not working anymore. It was
working fine until today. No new downloads of any kind in the last 24-36
hours.

Auotplay is enabled, however, when you right click on the drive, there is no
autoplay option. The drive is there and I can open the file manually but the
autoplay function has quit working for some reason. I have these type files
set to open to folder in the autoplay portion of the control panel. Any
insight would be greatly appreciated.

Tim
J7DEAN

RE: Flashcard reader autoplay not working
Hi Tim
I had a similar problem with a memory card reader. This problem
plagued me for about 2 months , last night i finally resolved it by
installing Tweak Vista VI.
This program can be downloaded free from the Tweak Vista site . Once
installed open the freeware version and select system information and tweaks
then select the second option titled Hard Drive information. YOU then need
to select the middle tab titled Hide Hard Drives/Hard drive Tweaks at the
bottom you can configure autoplay for all drive types Make sure the box
titled Disable Autorun for removeable discs is unchecked close tweak vista
and restart your PC.
This worked for me hope it will for you
J Dean