Problem with pics thumbnails: they look all the same

Paul

Problem with pics thumbnails: they look all the same
A couple of days ago I started having problems with the pics thumbnails. All
of the suden they're all one if the winds pics instead of being a thumbnail
of the actuall pic. If I double click and open the picture, it looks fine but
the thumbnails not. I suspect corruption. Is there any way to re-create the
tumbnails? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/help.
natebliss@bellsouth.net

RE: Problem with pics thumbnails: they look all the same
I have the same problem - very frustrating not to see a preview image.

"Paul" wrote:

> A couple of days ago I started having problems with the pics thumbnails. All
> of the suden they're all one if the winds pics instead of being a thumbnail
> of the actuall pic. If I double click and open the picture, it looks fine but
> the thumbnails not. I suspect corruption. Is there any way to re-create the
> tumbnails? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/help.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Problem with pics thumbnails: they look all the same
See if clearing the thumbnail cache helps. Click Start, type CLEANMGR.EXE and press {ENTER}. Select "My Files only". Uncheck all but "Thumbnails", and then click OK.
--
Regards,

"Paul" wrote:

> A couple of days ago I started having problems with the pics thumbnails. All
> of the suden they're all one if the winds pics instead of being a thumbnail
> of the actuall pic. If I double click and open the picture, it looks fine but
> the thumbnails not. I suspect corruption. Is there any way to re-create the
> tumbnails? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/help.

Paul

Re: Problem with pics thumbnails: they look all the same
Ramesh, thanks for your response. I resolved the issue but the resolution was
not related to the cache. I'm embarrased but it was very silly. Just go to
Tools \ Folder Options \ View and removed the checkmark from the "Always show
icons, never thumbnails" option.

natebliss, I hope either one of these solutions helps you.

Reagrds!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> See if clearing the thumbnail cache helps. Click Start, type CLEANMGR.EXE and press {ENTER}. Select "My Files only". Uncheck all but "Thumbnails", and then click OK.
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "natebliss@bellsouth.net" <nateblissbellsouthnet@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote in message news:C66D4CD7-7E07-49AE-9F11-3AC678F8B7EE@microsoft.com...
> I have the same problem - very frustrating not to see a preview image.
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
> > A couple of days ago I started having problems with the pics thumbnails. All
> > of the suden they're all one if the winds pics instead of being a thumbnail
> > of the actuall pic. If I double click and open the picture, it looks fine but
> > the thumbnails not. I suspect corruption. Is there any way to re-create the
> > tumbnails? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/help.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Problem with pics thumbnails: they look all the same
Thanks for the info, Paul.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> See if clearing the thumbnail cache helps. Click Start, type CLEANMGR.EXE and press {ENTER}. Select "My Files only". Uncheck all but "Thumbnails", and then click OK.
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "natebliss@bellsouth.net" <nateblissbellsouthnet@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote in message news:C66D4CD7-7E07-49AE-9F11-3AC678F8B7EE@microsoft.com...
> I have the same problem - very frustrating not to see a preview image.
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
> > A couple of days ago I started having problems with the pics thumbnails. All
> > of the suden they're all one if the winds pics instead of being a thumbnail
> > of the actuall pic. If I double click and open the picture, it looks fine but
> > the thumbnails not. I suspect corruption. Is there any way to re-create the
> > tumbnails? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/help.

bo

Re: Problem with pics thumbnails: they look all the same
Thanks Paul, awsome help man, this was very frusterating.

bo