Photo Gallery turns my color pix black and white?

Edison

Photo Gallery turns my color pix black and white?
I have a Canon i550 color printer, which is the default on my system. All of
a sudden tonight, when I try to print in color, it comes out in black and
white (even tho the printer option for grayscale printing has been
deselected and it has been asked to print in color).

On the other hand, if I create a color document in Word, the printer DOES
print in color.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. Still B and W. But if I print to
print to XPS (whatever that is), preview stays in color, doesn't change to B
and W.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Adam Albright

Re: Photo Gallery turns my color pix black and white?
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:02:07 -0400, "Edison"
<edison.stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I have a Canon i550 color printer, which is the default on my system. All of
>a sudden tonight, when I try to print in color, it comes out in black and
>white (even tho the printer option for grayscale printing has been
>deselected and it has been asked to print in color).
>
>On the other hand, if I create a color document in Word, the printer DOES
>print in color.
>
>I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. Still B and W. But if I print to
>print to XPS (whatever that is), preview stays in color, doesn't change to B
>and W.
>
>Any suggestions appreciated.

Comes out in B/W using WHAT application or printing from what feature
of Vista?

Edison

Re: Photo Gallery turns my color pix black and white?
Not sure what you mean. I go to Pictures, which takes me to a function
called Windows Photo Gallery. It has a print command. I hit print and choose
a printer (the Canon being one choice, XPS being another, and there is a
third, OneNote). If I click on XPS, it formats the shot in color. If I click
on the i550, it formats (and prints) in B and W, even tho the i550 is
programmed to print in color. (and will print in color if, for example, I
want to print a Word document in color).

"Adam Albright" <AA@ABC.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:02:07 -0400, "Edison"
> <edison.stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>I have a Canon i550 color printer, which is the default on my system. All
>>of
>>a sudden tonight, when I try to print in color, it comes out in black and
>>white (even tho the printer option for grayscale printing has been
>>deselected and it has been asked to print in color).
>>
>>On the other hand, if I create a color document in Word, the printer DOES
>>print in color.
>>
>>I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. Still B and W. But if I print
>>print to XPS (whatever that is), preview stays in color, doesn't change to
>>and W.
>>
>>Any suggestions appreciated.

> Comes out in B/W using WHAT application or printing from what feature
> of Vista?

Adam Albright

Re: Photo Gallery turns my color pix black and white?
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 07:19:31 -0400, "Edison"
<edison.stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Not sure what you mean. I go to Pictures, which takes me to a function
>called Windows Photo Gallery. It has a print command. I hit print and choose
>a printer (the Canon being one choice, XPS being another, and there is a
>third, OneNote). If I click on XPS, it formats the shot in color. If I click
>on the i550, it formats (and prints) in B and W, even tho the i550 is
>programmed to print in color. (and will print in color if, for example, I
>want to print a Word document in color).

May be some issue with a color profile if only Photo Galley prints
some images in B/W. Go to Control Panel, Color Management, see if
there are any specific profiles for your Canon printer. If yes, stop,
set a restore point. After, go back and try disabling the profile
under devices for your Canon printer and see if that cleans up the
problem. If not restore.

Edison

Re: Photo Gallery turns my color pix black and white?
Sorry, I am afraid I don't see where to disable the color profile. I am
offered the option of removing it -- but when I click that, I am told I
cannot remove it after all.

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 07:19:31 -0400, "Edison"
> <edison.stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>Not sure what you mean. I go to Pictures, which takes me to a function
>>called Windows Photo Gallery. It has a print command. I hit print and
>>choose
>>a printer (the Canon being one choice, XPS being another, and there is a
>>third, OneNote). If I click on XPS, it formats the shot in color. If I
>>click
>>on the i550, it formats (and prints) in B and W, even tho the i550 is
>>programmed to print in color. (and will print in color if, for example, I
>>want to print a Word document in color).

> May be some issue with a color profile if only Photo Galley prints
> some images in B/W. Go to Control Panel, Color Management, see if
> there are any specific profiles for your Canon printer. If yes, stop,
> set a restore point. After, go back and try disabling the profile
> under devices for your Canon printer and see if that cleans up the
> problem. If not restore.

PapaJohn

Re: Photo Gallery turns my color pix black and white?
check the 'what can go wrong' section of my website's Vista > Photo Gallery
page.

PapaJohn