"Publish To E-mail" for split audio file in Windows Movie Maker

RPB

"Publish To E-mail" for split audio file in Windows Movie Maker
I just created my first Windows Movie Maker project (I'm using Windows Vista
Enterprise), and am trying to split an audio file into smaller (< 10MB)
pieces so that I can send them as an email attachment. From inside the
project, I can see that the track is split into clips, but I don't see the
split tracks being saved anywhere on the disk. Am I doing something wrong
here?

Also, I notice that the "Publish To" section is greyed out and so are all
the other buttons (including the "Publish to E-mail" button) under that
section. Is this expected? Is there another way for me to split the audio
file and send it in an email?
Adam Albright

Re: "Publish To E-mail" for split audio file in Windows Movie Maker
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:00:02 -0700, RPB
<RPB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just created my first Windows Movie Maker project (I'm using Windows Vista
>Enterprise), and am trying to split an audio file into smaller (< 10MB)
>pieces so that I can send them as an email attachment. From inside the
>project, I can see that the track is split into clips, but I don't see the
>split tracks being saved anywhere on the disk. Am I doing something wrong
>here?
>
>Also, I notice that the "Publish To" section is greyed out and so are all
>the other buttons (including the "Publish to E-mail" button) under that
>section. Is this expected? Is there another way for me to split the audio
>file and send it in an email?

You can split ANY kind of file with a file splitter/joiner program.
These were handy in the days of floppy disks where you could hardly
put anything on a single disk. The only problem if you're planning on
sending someone something via email is the person on the other end
needs the same application to put humpty-dumpty back together again.

Google for file splitter/joiners.

Just picked one at random, they're all pretty much the same.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/File-ma...d-Joiner.shtml

John Inzer

RPB wrote:
> I just created my first Windows Movie Maker project (I'm using
> Windows Vista Enterprise), and am trying to split an audio file into
> smaller (< 10MB) pieces so that I can send them as an email
> attachment. From inside the project, I can see that the track is
> split into clips, but I don't see the split tracks being saved
> anywhere on the disk. Am I doing something wrong here?
>
> Also, I notice that the "Publish To" section is greyed out and so are
> all the other buttons (including the "Publish to E-mail" button)
> under that section. Is this expected? Is there another way for me to
> split the audio file and send it in an email?

==================================
Easier - quicker solution...

Try uploading the file to the following
site and send your recipients the link