Cannot import mp4 to itunes

kevin

Cannot import mp4 to itunes
Hello,
I have tried asking this question on the apple website and all over, so i
decided to give it a shot here. I'm running vista hope premium (completely
patched and updated), I have a video ipod with itunes (completely updated
with the new versions). I have been trying to add my video files (.mp4
format) onto itunes so i can sync it with my ipod, but after i drag and drop,
nothing happens. No error messages, it doesn't even play, as if i didnt do
anything. I also tried adding a file through Import, add file to library, add
folder to library. For example: I converted a Family Guys DVD into mp4
format, dragged 15 episodes onto itunes, and only 8 of them showed up. Can
Any one help me please?
garciaj1964

RE: Cannot import mp4 to itunes
Hi Kevin,

Yu did not provide a lot of details about the way you created the MP4's.

I don't know if this will help... But believe it or not there are several
MP4 "standards" out there. If you decoded your MP4's with (non Apple) generic
software they may not necessarily be compatible with your (Apple) iPod.

I bought a media player that sid would play MP4's recently, but it would not
play MY MP4's, even though Apple Quicktime will play them without a problem.

"kevin" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have tried asking this question on the apple website and all over, so i
> decided to give it a shot here. I'm running vista hope premium (completely
> patched and updated), I have a video ipod with itunes (completely updated
> with the new versions). I have been trying to add my video files (.mp4
> format) onto itunes so i can sync it with my ipod, but after i drag and drop,
> nothing happens. No error messages, it doesn't even play, as if i didnt do
> anything. I also tried adding a file through Import, add file to library, add
> folder to library. For example: I converted a Family Guys DVD into mp4
> format, dragged 15 episodes onto itunes, and only 8 of them showed up. Can
> Any one help me please?

wellbaby is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cannot import mp4 to itunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciaj1964 View Post

"kevin" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have tried asking this question on the apple website and all over, so i
> decided to give it a shot here. I'm running vista hope premium (completely
> patched and updated), I have a video ipod with itunes (completely updated
> with the new versions). I have been trying to add my video files (.mp4
> format) onto itunes so i can sync it with my ipod, but after i drag and drop,
> nothing happens. No error messages, it doesn't even play, as if i didnt do
> anything. I also tried adding a file through Import, add file to library, add
> folder to library. For example: I converted a Family Guys DVD into mp4
> format, dragged 15 episodes onto itunes, and only 8 of them showed up. Can
> Any one help me please?
you may try the following step by step guide at MP4 to iTunes - How to Add MP4 to iTunes for Transfer MP4 to iPod

it solve the following problems

iTunes failed to import MP4 files to sync and transfer MP4 to iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV.

Situation 1
Can not add MP4 to iTunes whatever by drag-and-drop or by file import to library.
iTunes accepts some mp4 files, but not others.
Now iTunes can no longer import mp4 videos since I upgraded to Lion.
I have always been able to import my MP4 files into my iTunes but after I just upgraded my iTunes it no longer allows me to import these files.
Situation 2
iTunes does successfully import MP4 files, but it failed to sync the MP4 files to iPod, iPhone, iPad or Apple TV and only leave the message that one or more of the videos being synced from your iTunes library are not in the correct format to be played on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.