Picture It 7.0

newtonet

Picture It 7.0
Is this software compatible with Windows Vista? If not, is there an upgrade
for it or do I need to buy new software?
Bob J

RE: Picture It 7.0
Picture It series of programs are not compatible with Vista, it was replaced
a couple of years ago, Ms has discontinued their Digital Imaging Suite the
link below explains:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/imaging/default.mspx
--
Regards
Bob J

"newtonet" wrote:

> Is this software compatible with Windows Vista? If not, is there an upgrade
> for it or do I need to buy new software?

John Inzer

Re: Picture It 7.0
newtonet wrote:
> Is this software compatible with Windows Vista?

=============
No. You can install it and the editing
features may work correctly but the
projects will not open.
=============
> If not, is there an
> upgrade for it

=============
No.
=============
or do I need to buy new software?
=============
Yes.

MS Digital Image Suite Anniversary
Edition is optimized for Vista. Some
stores still have it in stock.

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
down-load the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Picture It 7.0
Bob J wrote:
> Picture It series of programs are not compatible with Vista, it was
> replaced a couple of years ago, Ms has discontinued their Digital
> Imaging Suite the link below explains:
> http://www.microsoft.com/products/imaging/default.mspx

=================
FWIW.....

I successfully installed my MS Picture It!/
MS Digital Image programs on my Vista
partition.

The versions that function correctly are:
PI99, PI2000, DIS9, DIS10, DIS2006,
and the DIS 2006 Anniversary Edition.

PIPP2001, PIPP2002 and DIP7 will
install but will not run correctly. At least...
they will not run on my machine.

FWIW...I've also seen reports that some
users have issues when running DIS10
on Vista.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Lee A.

Re: Picture It 7.0
Hi John,

I have been trying to keep up with the choices I have in trying to use my
Works Suite 2003 with my Vista Home Premium. I did not notice the 2003
version mentioned in your other replys. I did get the Picture It 7.0 to
fully download (I only wanted that part of the Suite) to work up to the point
of wanting to "create a project" which is a part I really like. Which one
can I use to edit and layer photos and put them in the frames and cards on
the project side if there is no way to make what I have work? I saw that you
mentioned DI Anniversary but wanted to double check to make sure that the
layer and frame part of it was the same as 7.0.
--
Thanks for your suggestions!

"John Inzer" wrote:

> newtonet wrote:
> > Is this software compatible with Windows Vista?

> =============
> No. You can install it and the editing
> features may work correctly but the
> projects will not open.
> =============
> > If not, is there an
> > upgrade for it

> =============
> No.
> =============
> or do I need to buy new software?
> =============
> Yes.
>
> MS Digital Image Suite Anniversary
> Edition is optimized for Vista. Some
> stores still have it in stock.
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> down-load the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Picture It 7.0
Lee A. wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I have been trying to keep up with the choices I have in trying to
> use my Works Suite 2003 with my Vista Home Premium. I did not notice
> the 2003 version mentioned in your other replys. I did get the
> Picture It 7.0 to fully download (I only wanted that part of the
> Suite) to work up to the point of wanting to "create a project" which
> is a part I really like. Which one can I use to edit and layer
> photos and put them in the frames and cards on the project side if
> there is no way to make what I have work? I saw that you mentioned
> DI Anniversary but wanted to double check to make sure that the layer
> and frame part of it was the same as 7.0.

================================
It may be possible to run PI7 successfully
on Vista but I was unable to accomplish it.
DIS Anniversary Edition is optimized for
Vista.

Yes, DIS Anniversary Edition should be
just what you are looking for. It may be
hard to find now. Amazon and eBay are
usually good sources for outdated software.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image