bitmap images on cd not seen on vista machine

mm11

bitmap images on cd not seen on vista machine
I have a cd with 10 bitmap images (burned to cd from an ultrasound machine),
my pc running Windows Vista Ultimate does not see any of the files via
Explorer, MS Office Picture Manager, or Windows Photo Gallery. However my old
Windows XP machine sees the bitmaps via the cd, no problem. Please help as I
would like Vista to see my images...
John Inzer

Re: bitmap images on cd not seen on vista machine
mm11 wrote:
> I have a cd with 10 bitmap images (burned to cd from an ultrasound
> machine), my pc running Windows Vista Ultimate does not see any of
> the files via Explorer, MS Office Picture Manager, or Windows Photo
> Gallery. However my old Windows XP machine sees the bitmaps via the
> cd, no problem. Please help as I would like Vista to see my images...

====================================
It may be a stretch...but does the following
article offer any useful info?

(933667) Picture files that have a .bmp extension
may not appear in the Windows Media Center
Picture Library in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933667/en-us

Or...it may be a problem with the CD.
Maybe you could copy the .bmps to your
XP machine, upload them to the following
site and then download them to your Vista
machine. It also may help if you convert
them to JPEG while on the XP machine.

"YouSendIt"
http://www.yousendit.com/

All you have to do is enter an e-mail
address in the Recipient field and
click the browse button to select the
file you wish to upload. Then click the
"Send It" button.

The next screen that appears will give
you the download link.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

mm11

Re: bitmap images on cd not seen on vista machine
Thanks but that KB doesnt apply. Yes, i can open the images on my xp machine
and save them as another extension then copy them over but i would prefer
figuring out why Vista wont read the bmp images off the cd. ANy other
recommendations?

"John Inzer" wrote:

> mm11 wrote:
> > I have a cd with 10 bitmap images (burned to cd from an ultrasound
> > machine), my pc running Windows Vista Ultimate does not see any of
> > the files via Explorer, MS Office Picture Manager, or Windows Photo
> > Gallery. However my old Windows XP machine sees the bitmaps via the
> > cd, no problem. Please help as I would like Vista to see my images...

> ====================================
> It may be a stretch...but does the following
> article offer any useful info?
>
> (933667) Picture files that have a .bmp extension
> may not appear in the Windows Media Center
> Picture Library in Windows Vista
>
> Or...it may be a problem with the CD.
> Maybe you could copy the .bmps to your
> XP machine, upload them to the following
> site and then download them to your Vista
> machine. It also may help if you convert
> them to JPEG while on the XP machine.
>
> "YouSendIt"
> http://www.yousendit.com/
>
> All you have to do is enter an e-mail
> address in the Recipient field and
> click the browse button to select the
> file you wish to upload. Then click the
> "Send It" button.
>
> The next screen that appears will give
> you the download link.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Dave

Re: bitmap images on cd not seen on vista machine
what type of CD is it?
CD-R?
CD-RW?

mm11 wrote:
> Thanks but that KB doesnt apply. Yes, i can open the images on my xp
> machine and save them as another extension then copy them over but i
> would prefer figuring out why Vista wont read the bmp images off the
> cd. ANy other recommendations?

=============================

You stated the images were burned on
a CD from an ultrasound machine.
It's probably an issue with the CD format.

What if you copy the files to your XP
machine and burn a new CD.

--

John Inzer