Sony DVD2001E Camcorder downloading captures with Vista

Noelle

Sony DVD2001E Camcorder downloading captures with Vista
I have this Sony DVD Camcorder and used to use Pixela Imagemixer Ver 1.5 to
Import the
captures onto my Hard Drive and then edit in Moviemaker.

I now have Windows Vista Ultimate on my new computer and cannot install
Imagemixer 1.5.

Has anyone any ideas how I can import the captures. I have taken a fair
amount of footage over
the last few days and really hoped to get editing it.

Noelle
Graham Hughes

Re: Sony DVD2001E Camcorder downloading captures with Vista
As per my reply in the xp group, ask SOny if they have a vista compatible
image mixer, pop the dvd in the dvd drive and copy files to your hard drive.
Some people find the can edit the vobs using MM in Vista, some can't, so you
may have to convert them to wmv.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Noelle" <noelle@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>I have this Sony DVD Camcorder and used to use Pixela Imagemixer Ver 1.5 to
>Import the
> captures onto my Hard Drive and then edit in Moviemaker.
>
> I now have Windows Vista Ultimate on my new computer and cannot install
> Imagemixer 1.5.
>
> Has anyone any ideas how I can import the captures. I have taken a fair
> amount of footage over
> the last few days and really hoped to get editing it.
>
> Noelle

Noelle

Re: Sony DVD2001E Camcorder downloading captures with Vista
Thanks for this Graham. I got in touch with Sony and you were right -
Pixela Imagemixer are not going to do a Vista Update. Sony do assure me
however that the latest cameras are compatable with Vista. Big deal, as if
I am going to rush
out and get a new camera!!

Like you they recommended popping the disk in the dvd drive and copying
files. Then
doing whatever I can to finally editing the files in MM. Finalising the
disc first of course!

Noelle

"Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
> As per my reply in the xp group, ask SOny if they have a vista compatible
> image mixer, pop the dvd in the dvd drive and copy files to your hard
> drive. Some people find the can edit the vobs using MM in Vista, some
> can't, so you may have to convert them to wmv.
>

> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Noelle" <noelle@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>I have this Sony DVD Camcorder and used to use Pixela Imagemixer Ver 1.5
>>to Import the
>> captures onto my Hard Drive and then edit in Moviemaker.
>>
>> I now have Windows Vista Ultimate on my new computer and cannot install
>> Imagemixer 1.5.
>>
>> Has anyone any ideas how I can import the captures. I have taken a fair
>> amount of footage over
>> the last few days and really hoped to get editing it.
>>
>> Noelle

Graham Hughes

Re: Sony DVD2001E Camcorder downloading captures with Vista
They may supply a download of the new programme. Find out which is their
latest model and tehn look on theor site to see what programme they offer
with it and try to download it.