Digital Camera Compatability with Vista & Photo Gallery

rwh

Digital Camera Compatability with Vista & Photo Gallery
I see a lot of posts about problems importing pictures from a camera via
Photo Gallery and it is apparent that there are lots of issues.
For people with this issue (and I am assuming they are connecting their
cameras via fire wire), would it not be an option for them to connect the
camera via USB or else using the camera's memory card only via a card
reader? Then you just copy the photos over with Windows Explorer and then
use Photo Gallery to organize, etc? It seems to me that this would save on
a lot of heartache until the camera manufacturer can release updated
drivers.

Greg

Re: Digital Camera Compatability with Vista & Photo Gallery
I AM using USB cable to connect the camera to the computer.

I AM using explorer to move the photos onto the HD because of the problems
with importing using WPG.

I am afraid that even if I do this and then use WPG to organize the photos
it may still write markers on the jpgs that interfere with the existing ones
put there by the camera software. I'm not willing to take the risk that it
won't.

The problem for me is not the camera manufacturer's drivers but WPG's bad
habit of overwriting camera markers with its own.