Windows DVD Maker

DisVnVet

Windows DVD Maker
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium
installed. I tried using the Windows DVD Maker program (4 times) but each
time around the 98.6% completion point, the disc pops out and the following
error message pops up.

"Cannot create the DVD

The DVD could not be burned because an error occured. Try using anothe
blank disk and make sure that you DVD burner is connected and working
properly. LEARN MORE about this problem. OK"

I did the learn more portion as well as check the system. Still no success.
I took the same file that was to be written to DVD and used 'Disk Creator 3'
and the file was placed on DVD.

Is there something that needs to be done on the computer or is this a
software bug?

john.r

RE: Windows DVD Maker
I'm having the same problem. Any chance there is an answer out here somewhere?

"DisVnVet" wrote:

> I recently purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium
> installed. I tried using the Windows DVD Maker program (4 times) but each
> time around the 98.6% completion point, the disc pops out and the following
> error message pops up.
>
> "Cannot create the DVD
>
> The DVD could not be burned because an error occured. Try using anothe
> blank disk and make sure that you DVD burner is connected and working
> properly. LEARN MORE about this problem. OK"
>
> I did the learn more portion as well as check the system. Still no success.
> I took the same file that was to be written to DVD and used 'Disk Creator 3'
> and the file was placed on DVD.
>
> Is there something that needs to be done on the computer or is this a
> software bug?

DisVnVet

RE: Windows DVD Maker
Believe it or not, I resolved the problem. I was using a memorex disc DVD+R
16X. I talked with the manufacturer and they did not have the specs for the
DVD Drive so I considered that the disc may be the problem I went and bought
TDK DVD 1-16X and YAHOO. The program works with the diskette with no
problems. Maybe that will solve your problem also. I will be trying
comparable (other brand) disc's to see if they work.