Which digital cameras are compatible with Vista?

Felicita

Which digital cameras are compatible with Vista?
I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not compatible
with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in the camera specs.
Does anyone about the following cameras compatibility with Vista?

Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
Canon PowerShot S3 IS
Olympus SP-550 UZ
Kodak Easy Share Z612

Thanks!
Greg

Re: Which digital cameras are compatible with Vista?
What I do know is that when you import Olympus photos with panorama markers
on them using Windows Photo Gallery it overwrites the markers with its own,
thus rendering them unable to be stitched together in the Olympus software.
I don't know whether it does the same with other brands (or other models -
mine is a C770).

I have also had it corrupt jpgs entirely when donwloading from a camera over
a network to another USB device.

"Felicita" <Felicita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not
>compatible
> with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in the camera specs.
> Does anyone about the following cameras compatibility with Vista?
>
> Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
> Canon PowerShot S3 IS
> Olympus SP-550 UZ
> Kodak Easy Share Z612
>
> Thanks!

Felicita

"Greg" wrote:

> What I do know is that when you import Olympus photos with panorama markers
> on them using Windows Photo Gallery it overwrites the markers with its own,
> thus rendering them unable to be stitched together in the Olympus software.
> I don't know whether it does the same with other brands (or other models -
> mine is a C770).
>
> I have also had it corrupt jpgs entirely when donwloading from a camera over
> a network to another USB device.
>
> "Felicita" <Felicita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not
> >compatible
> > with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in the camera specs.
> > Does anyone about the following cameras compatibility with Vista?
> >
> > Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
> > Canon PowerShot S3 IS
> > Olympus SP-550 UZ
> > Kodak Easy Share Z612
> >
> > Thanks!

Felicita

"Felicita" wrote:

> "Greg" wrote:
>
> > What I do know is that when you import Olympus photos with panorama markers
> > on them using Windows Photo Gallery it overwrites the markers with its own,
> > thus rendering them unable to be stitched together in the Olympus software.
> > I don't know whether it does the same with other brands (or other models -
> > mine is a C770).
> >
> > I have also had it corrupt jpgs entirely when donwloading from a camera over
> > a network to another USB device.
> >
> > "Felicita" <Felicita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not
> > >compatible
> > > with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in the camera specs.
> > > Does anyone about the following cameras compatibility with Vista?
> > >
> > > Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
> > > Canon PowerShot S3 IS
> > > Olympus SP-550 UZ
> > > Kodak Easy Share Z612
> > >
> > > Thanks!

> > Greg, that is discouraging. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Which digital cameras are compatible with Vista?
I have a Kodak Z710 which works very well with Vista. The Kodak EasyShare
software (download, ver. 6.3.1) is fully Vista compatible.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Felicita" <Felicita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not compatible
> with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in the camera specs.
> Does anyone about the following cameras compatibility with Vista?
>
> Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
> Canon PowerShot S3 IS
> Olympus SP-550 UZ
> Kodak Easy Share Z612
>
> Thanks!

Felicita

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> I have a Kodak Z710 which works very well with Vista. The Kodak EasyShare
> software (download, ver. 6.3.1) is fully Vista compatible.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

Thanks, Cal. That's good news because Kodak is not listed as having any
camera compatible with Vista. I just found a site which lists products and
manufacturers: "Windows Vista hardware Compatibilit List".

Ahhhh, I bleed GREEN & Gold. Go Pack!!

Have a good football season.

> "Felicita" <Felicita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not compatible
> > with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in the camera specs.
> > Does anyone about the following cameras compatibility with Vista?
> >
> > Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
> > Canon PowerShot S3 IS
> > Olympus SP-550 UZ
> > Kodak Easy Share Z612
> >
> > Thanks!

John Inzer

Felicita wrote:
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> I have a Kodak Z710 which works very well with Vista. The Kodak
>> EasyShare software (download, ver. 6.3.1) is fully Vista compatible.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

> Thanks, Cal. That's good news because Kodak is not listed as having
> any camera compatible with Vista. I just found a site which lists
> products and manufacturers: "Windows Vista hardware Compatibilit
> List".
>
> Ahhhh, I bleed GREEN & Gold. Go Pack!!
>
> Have a good football season.
>>
>> "Felicita" <Felicita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not
>>> compatible with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in
>>> the camera specs. Does anyone about the following cameras
>>> compatibility with Vista?
>>>
>>> Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
>>> Canon PowerShot S3 IS
>>> Olympus SP-550 UZ
>>> Kodak Easy Share Z612
>>>
>>> Thanks!

====================================
If you like to make video clips...and have plans to
use Movie Maker...be aware that Kodaks make
Apple Quicktime .mov files that are not compatible
with Movie Maker.

However...they can be converted with the Retail
version of Apple Quicktime. There are other ways
also but it's just another time killer.

Personally, I would suggest looking at a Canon.
The Canon S3 IS you mentioned is a great camera
and there is also a new model:

Canon PowerShot Pro Series S5 IS
http://tinyurl.com/yrduyu
(I have the S2 IS and am considering this one)

Go to the Samples page and download the .avi video
clip...you'll be surprised when you view it. Also have a
look at the clarity of the full telephoto image
# IMG_0151.JPG.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

viki

RE: Which digital cameras are compatible with Vista?
I emailed panasonic about my 2 yr old camcorder and they replied within a
week with specific information on what to do with my model. Unfortunately
they had no plans on going any further with this model. I did have luck with
my printer/scanner though! As soon as they had the software updated a message
was there one day and I just pushed a few buttons and they automatically set
up my printer/scanner.

They will tell you if they have made a vista compatible download you get
right from their site for the camera you are looking use.
--
viki

"Felicita" wrote:

> I want to buy a digital camera but noted that some cameras are Not compatible
> with Vista. The Vista notation is usually not listed in the camera specs.
> Does anyone about the following cameras compatibility with Vista?
>
> Panasonic Lumix DCM-FX7
> Canon PowerShot S3 IS
> Olympus SP-550 UZ
> Kodak Easy Share Z612
>
> Thanks!

EU to hit some digital cameras with import duty Steve General Technology News 0 07-17-2007 14:16
Casio launches 'YouTube' digital cameras Steve Security News 0 07-12-2007 02:05
Digital Cameras PteParts microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 07-08-2007 20:25
Cameras in the UK Paul Security News 0 04-09-2007 20:49
Question about installation Digital Cameras in Windows Vista Gabriel Lozano-Moran microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-22-2007 01:19