Installing EasyShare Software

Maureen

Installing EasyShare Software
I have downloaded EasyShare Software from the Kodak site, but unfortunately I
cannot open it. When downloading it never reaches the end of the download
and tells me "it can't shut the computer down and to right click on the Kodak
icon in the System Tray and shut the computer down and restart. If I right
click on the Kodak icon it doesn't give me the option.

As I cannot open the programme I have also tried uninstalling it and I come
up against the same problem as above telling me to right click on the Kodak
icon etc.

- can anyone help am I doing something wrong.
--
Mo
Cal Bear '66

Re: Installing EasyShare Software
Are you sure it is not telling you to shut down the EasyShare software, NOT the
computer?

Download the software to a folder on your desktop again just to be sure you have
a good download. Right click on the file, Properties, click Unblock, Apply
button, and OK button.

Right click on the EasyShare icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
choose Shutdown Kodak EasyShare software. In Control Panel > Programs and
Features, right click on the Kodak EasyShare entry and choose Uninstall.

Reboot, and run the new EasyShare downloaded file.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded EasyShare Software from the Kodak site, but unfortunately I
> cannot open it. When downloading it never reaches the end of the download
> and tells me "it can't shut the computer down and to right click on the Kodak
> icon in the System Tray and shut the computer down and restart. If I right
> click on the Kodak icon it doesn't give me the option.
>
> As I cannot open the programme I have also tried uninstalling it and I come
> up against the same problem as above telling me to right click on the Kodak
> icon etc.
>
> - can anyone help am I doing something wrong.
> --
> Mo

Maureen

Re: Installing EasyShare Software
Many thanks for replying so quickly very much appreciated.

I have been trying to install and uninstall as you explained.

When I right click on the file, Properies, I can't find "Unblock" can you
advise where this is please.

When going through the steps to uninstall Kodak Software I get as far as
Remove where it says "Uninstalling your Kodak Easyshare software. Please
wait....
I then get message come up from Kodak EasyShare software saying
"Setup was unable to shut down Kodak EasyShare. Please exit the application
by right clicking on the Kodak logo in the system tray and select the "Shut
Down"....option in the manu and restart setup (12x83x0x)".

I have tried right clicking on the Kodak logo in the Task Bar which I
believe is also the System Tray correct me if I am wrong, but it does not
give me the option to "Shut Down" am I in the wrong place. In fact if I
right click it doesn't do anything at all.

Sorry but I haven't got much further with my problem - any advice please.

Just to let you know I do have a new Dell computer which is running Vista
Home Basic.
--
Mo

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Are you sure it is not telling you to shut down the EasyShare software, NOT the
> computer?
>
> Download the software to a folder on your desktop again just to be sure you have
> a good download. Right click on the file, Properties, click Unblock, Apply
> button, and OK button.
>
> Right click on the EasyShare icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> choose Shutdown Kodak EasyShare software. In Control Panel > Programs and
> Features, right click on the Kodak EasyShare entry and choose Uninstall.
>
> Reboot, and run the new EasyShare downloaded file.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have downloaded EasyShare Software from the Kodak site, but unfortunately I
> > cannot open it. When downloading it never reaches the end of the download
> > and tells me "it can't shut the computer down and to right click on the Kodak
> > icon in the System Tray and shut the computer down and restart. If I right
> > click on the Kodak icon it doesn't give me the option.
> >
> > As I cannot open the programme I have also tried uninstalling it and I come
> > up against the same problem as above telling me to right click on the Kodak
> > icon etc.
> >
> > - can anyone help am I doing something wrong.
> > --
> > Mo

Cal Bear '66

Re: Installing EasyShare Software
I can't explain why you do not have the Unblock option when you right click,
select Properties -- on the General tab on the downloaded file. It should be
offered on the right click, select PROPERTIES, General tab at the bottom of the
dialog. Vista adds this to downloaded files automatically.

Type msconfig in the Search box above the Start Orb on the Taskbar. Approve
UAC. On the Startup tab, sort by Manufacturer (click Manufacturer heading),
un-check EasyShare, Eastman Kodak, click OK.

*********OR, AN EVEN EASIER WAY than msconfig, is: Start Orb > All Programs >
expand the Startup folder, right click on the Kodak EasyShare software entry,
and select Delete (or Cut and then Paste onto the Desktop if you like).********

R E B O O T

Now, check that the EasyShare icon is not in the Notification Area (forget
System Tray nomenclature) be sure to press the left pointing arrow to show all
the icons. And in Control Panel > Programs and Features, try uninstalling the
EasyShare program again.

In Windows Explorer, delete the contents of the Program Files > Kodak folder
AFTER uninstalling.

Now try to install the new EasyShare software.

R E B O O T

The EasyShare icon should be back in the Notification Area. Right click, select
open, and in Menu Bar (ALT if not visible) > Help > click About Kodak Easy Share
software, check for ver. 6.3.1

--

> Many thanks for replying so quickly very much appreciated.
>
> I have been trying to install and uninstall as you explained.
>
> When I right click on the file, Properies, I can't find "Unblock" can you
> advise where this is please.
>
> When going through the steps to uninstall Kodak Software I get as far as
> Remove where it says "Uninstalling your Kodak Easyshare software. Please
> wait....
> I then get message come up from Kodak EasyShare software saying
> "Setup was unable to shut down Kodak EasyShare. Please exit the application
> by right clicking on the Kodak logo in the system tray and select the "Shut
> Down"....option in the manu and restart setup (12x83x0x)".
>
> I have tried right clicking on the Kodak logo in the Task Bar which I
> believe is also the System Tray correct me if I am wrong, but it does not
> give me the option to "Shut Down" am I in the wrong place. In fact if I
> right click it doesn't do anything at all.
>
> Sorry but I haven't got much further with my problem - any advice please.
>
> Just to let you know I do have a new Dell computer which is running Vista
> Home Basic.
> --
> Mo
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Are you sure it is not telling you to shut down the EasyShare software, NOT
>> the
>> computer?
>>
>> Download the software to a folder on your desktop again just to be sure you
>> have
>> a good download. Right click on the file, Properties, click Unblock, Apply
>> button, and OK button.
>>
>> Right click on the EasyShare icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
>> choose Shutdown Kodak EasyShare software. In Control Panel > Programs and
>> Features, right click on the Kodak EasyShare entry and choose Uninstall.
>>
>> Reboot, and run the new EasyShare downloaded file.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have downloaded EasyShare Software from the Kodak site, but unfortunately
>> > cannot open it. When downloading it never reaches the end of the download
>> > and tells me "it can't shut the computer down and to right click on the
>> > Kodak
>> > icon in the System Tray and shut the computer down and restart. If I right
>> > click on the Kodak icon it doesn't give me the option.
>> >
>> > As I cannot open the programme I have also tried uninstalling it and I come
>> > up against the same problem as above telling me to right click on the Kodak
>> > icon etc.
>> >
>> > - can anyone help am I doing something wrong.
>> > --
>> > Mo

Cal Bear '66

Re: Installing EasyShare Software
Sorry, if you don't see the Unblock option, just forget it. If it is Blocked,
Windows will allow you to override when you try to run it.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Many thanks for replying so quickly very much appreciated.
>
> I have been trying to install and uninstall as you explained.
>
> When I right click on the file, Properies, I can't find "Unblock" can you
> advise where this is please.
>
> When going through the steps to uninstall Kodak Software I get as far as
> Remove where it says "Uninstalling your Kodak Easyshare software. Please
> wait....
> I then get message come up from Kodak EasyShare software saying
> "Setup was unable to shut down Kodak EasyShare. Please exit the application
> by right clicking on the Kodak logo in the system tray and select the "Shut
> Down"....option in the manu and restart setup (12x83x0x)".
>
> I have tried right clicking on the Kodak logo in the Task Bar which I
> believe is also the System Tray correct me if I am wrong, but it does not
> give me the option to "Shut Down" am I in the wrong place. In fact if I
> right click it doesn't do anything at all.
>
> Sorry but I haven't got much further with my problem - any advice please.
>
> Just to let you know I do have a new Dell computer which is running Vista
> Home Basic.
> --
> Mo
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Are you sure it is not telling you to shut down the EasyShare software, NOT
>> the
>> computer?
>>
>> Download the software to a folder on your desktop again just to be sure you
>> have
>> a good download. Right click on the file, Properties, click Unblock, Apply
>> button, and OK button.
>>
>> Right click on the EasyShare icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
>> choose Shutdown Kodak EasyShare software. In Control Panel > Programs and
>> Features, right click on the Kodak EasyShare entry and choose Uninstall.
>>
>> Reboot, and run the new EasyShare downloaded file.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have downloaded EasyShare Software from the Kodak site, but unfortunately
>> > cannot open it. When downloading it never reaches the end of the download
>> > and tells me "it can't shut the computer down and to right click on the
>> > Kodak
>> > icon in the System Tray and shut the computer down and restart. If I right
>> > click on the Kodak icon it doesn't give me the option.
>> >
>> > As I cannot open the programme I have also tried uninstalling it and I come
>> > up against the same problem as above telling me to right click on the Kodak
>> > icon etc.
>> >
>> > - can anyone help am I doing something wrong.
>> > --
>> > Mo

Maureen

Re: Installing EasyShare Software
Thanks for all your help. I have now managed to uninstall Kodak EasyShare
Software. I have tried reinstalling but it gave me an error message - not
having much luck with this - will try again tomorrow. Many thanks for now.
--
Mo

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Just to let you know I do have a new Dell computer which is running Vista
> > Home Basic.
> > --
> > Mo
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure it is not telling you to shut down the EasyShare software, NOT
> >> the
> >> computer?
> >>
> >> Download the software to a folder on your desktop again just to be sure you
> >> have
> >> a good download. Right click on the file, Properties, click Unblock, Apply
> >> button, and OK button.
> >>
> >> Right click on the EasyShare icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> >> choose Shutdown Kodak EasyShare software. In Control Panel > Programs and
> >> Features, right click on the Kodak EasyShare entry and choose Uninstall.
> >>
> >> Reboot, and run the new EasyShare downloaded file.

You could try right clicking the EasyShare downloaded file and selecting "Run as
Administrator". Another thing to try is to right click on the file, Properties
tab, and selecting "XP SP2" from Compatibility drop down list.

--

> [...]

>> > Remove where it says "Uninstalling your Kodak Easyshare software. Please
>> > wait....
>> > I then get message come up from Kodak EasyShare software saying
>> > "Setup was unable to shut down Kodak EasyShare. Please exit the
>> > application
>> > by right clicking on the Kodak logo in the system tray and select the "Shut
>> > Down"....option in the manu and restart setup (12x83x0x)".
>> >
>> > I have tried right clicking on the Kodak logo in the Task Bar which I
>> > believe is also the System Tray correct me if I am wrong, but it does not
>> > give me the option to "Shut Down" am I in the wrong place. In fact if I
>> > right click it doesn't do anything at all.
>> >
>> > Sorry but I haven't got much further with my problem - any advice please.
>> >
>> > Just to let you know I do have a new Dell computer which is running Vista

Maureen

Re: Installing EasyShare Software
Thanks for all your help, I have now installed Kodak EasyShare software
successfully.
--
Mo

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You could try right clicking the EasyShare downloaded file and selecting "Run as
> Administrator". Another thing to try is to right click on the file, Properties
> tab, and selecting "XP SP2" from Compatibility drop down list.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for all your help. I have now managed to uninstall Kodak EasyShare
> > Software. I have tried reinstalling but it gave me an error message - not
> > having much luck with this - will try again tomorrow. Many thanks for now.
> > --
> > Mo
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> I can't explain why you do not have the Unblock option when you right click,
> >> select Properties -- on the General tab on the downloaded file. It should be
> >> offered on the right click, select PROPERTIES, General tab at the bottom of
> >> the
> >> dialog. Vista adds this to downloaded files automatically.
> >>
> >> Type msconfig in the Search box above the Start Orb on the Taskbar.
> >> Approve
> >> UAC. On the Startup tab, sort by Manufacturer (click Manufacturer heading),
> >> un-check EasyShare, Eastman Kodak, click OK.
> >>
> >> *********OR, AN EVEN EASIER WAY than msconfig, is: Start Orb > All Programs
> >> >
> >> expand the Startup folder, right click on the Kodak EasyShare software entry,
> >> and select Delete (or Cut and then Paste onto the Desktop if you
> >> like).********
> >>
> >> R E B O O T
> >>
> >> Now, check that the EasyShare icon is not in the Notification Area (forget
> >> System Tray nomenclature) be sure to press the left pointing arrow to show
> >> all
> >> the icons. And in Control Panel > Programs and Features, try uninstalling the
> >> EasyShare program again.
> >>
> >> In Windows Explorer, delete the contents of the Program Files > Kodak folder
> >> AFTER uninstalling.
> >>
> >> Now try to install the new EasyShare software.
> >>
> >> R E B O O T
> >>
> >> The EasyShare icon should be back in the Notification Area. Right click,
> >> select
> >> open, and in Menu Bar (ALT if not visible) > Help > click About Kodak Easy
> >> Share
> >> software, check for ver. 6.3.1
> >>

> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Installing EasyShare Software
Phew!
Good for you. Sometimes persistence pays off.
Enjoy!