Glitch in Windows Media

√Člaine

Glitch in Windows Media
I have Windows Vista on an Inspiron E1505 laptop. Whenever I play a CD on
Windows Media, it gets to a certain place at the very end of each song, and
gliches, if you know what I mean. It doesn't matter which CD, or which song,
it's just that one exact place where the music has to struggle to survive.
If anyone has any suggestions, (i.e. taking of advantage of my warranty and
getting a totally different computer) they would be appreciated.
--
~ √Člaine Olivie Cosette Laroche ~
Cal Bear '66

Re: Glitch in Windows Media
If you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter, as a workaround -- until Sigma Tel
updates their drivers, right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area
of the Taskbar, select Playback Devices, highlight Speakers, press Properties
button, on the Enhancements tab, check Disable All Enhancements.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"…laine" <laine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Vista on an Inspiron E1505 laptop. Whenever I play a CD on
> Windows Media, it gets to a certain place at the very end of each song, and
> gliches, if you know what I mean. It doesn't matter which CD, or which song,
> it's just that one exact place where the music has to struggle to survive.
> If anyone has any suggestions, (i.e. taking of advantage of my warranty and
> getting a totally different computer) they would be appreciated.
> --
> ~ …laine Olivie Cosette Laroche ~

√Člaine

Re: Glitch in Windows Media
What is this audio adapter thing and how do you know if you have it?
--

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> If you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter, as a workaround -- until Sigma Tel
> updates their drivers, right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area
> of the Taskbar, select Playback Devices, highlight Speakers, press Properties
> button, on the Enhancements tab, check Disable All Enhancements.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "laine" <laine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Windows Vista on an Inspiron E1505 laptop. Whenever I play a CD on
> > Windows Media, it gets to a certain place at the very end of each song, and
> > gliches, if you know what I mean. It doesn't matter which CD, or which song,
> > it's just that one exact place where the music has to struggle to survive.
> > If anyone has any suggestions, (i.e. taking of advantage of my warranty and
> > getting a totally different computer) they would be appreciated.
> > --
> > ~ laine Olivie Cosette Laroche ~

Cal Bear '66

Re: Glitch in Windows Media
An audio adapter is a piece of hardware that enables you to have sound on your
computer. No audio adapter -- no sound.

To find your audio adapter, Control Panel > Device Manager, click the plus sign
next to Sound, video and game controllers.

--

news5A99359-CB4E-4ACB-83EB-99CD0A8715F3@microsoft.com...
> What is this audio adapter thing and how do you know if you have it?
> --
> ~ …laine Olivie Cosette Laroche ~
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> If you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter, as a workaround -- until Sigma Tel
>> updates their drivers, right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification
>> Area
>> of the Taskbar, select Playback Devices, highlight Speakers, press Properties
>> button, on the Enhancements tab, check Disable All Enhancements.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "laine" <laine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Windows Vista on an Inspiron E1505 laptop. Whenever I play a CD on
>> > Windows Media, it gets to a certain place at the very end of each song, and
>> > gliches, if you know what I mean. It doesn't matter which CD, or which
>> > song,
>> > it's just that one exact place where the music has to struggle to survive.
>> > If anyone has any suggestions, (i.e. taking of advantage of my warranty and
>> > getting a totally different computer) they would be appreciated.
>> > --
>> > ~ laine Olivie Cosette Laroche ~

√Člaine

Re: Glitch in Windows Media
THANK YOU SO MUCH CAL BEAR 66!!!!

Now I can listen to my songs, all the way to the end!
--

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> An audio adapter is a piece of hardware that enables you to have sound on your
> computer. No audio adapter -- no sound.
>
> To find your audio adapter, Control Panel > Device Manager, click the plus sign
> next to Sound, video and game controllers.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "laine" <laine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news5A99359-CB4E-4ACB-83EB-99CD0A8715F3@microsoft.com...
> > What is this audio adapter thing and how do you know if you have it?
> > --
> > ~ laine Olivie Cosette Laroche ~
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> If you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter, as a workaround -- until Sigma Tel
> >> updates their drivers, right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification
> >> Area
> >> of the Taskbar, select Playback Devices, highlight Speakers, press Properties
> >> button, on the Enhancements tab, check Disable All Enhancements.
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66