Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer

casey

Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer
when ever I try to add a pic to the story board it doesn't do anything just
acts like i didn't even do it, and when i just try to make an auto movie it
sais there's an invalid pointer as the error code. I don't know what that
even means and Never had this problem with XP, i've got a new dell laptop
with windows vista home premium already installed. with the movie maker that
came with vista. would appreciate any help.
--
Thanx
Casey Wheeler
Graham Hughes

Re: Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer
What file types are you using?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"casey" <casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when ever I try to add a pic to the story board it doesn't do anything
> just
> acts like i didn't even do it, and when i just try to make an auto movie
> it
> sais there's an invalid pointer as the error code. I don't know what that
> even means and Never had this problem with XP, i've got a new dell laptop
> with windows vista home premium already installed. with the movie maker
> that
> came with vista. would appreciate any help.
> --
> Thanx
> Casey Wheeler

casey

Re: Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer
I'm just using regular Jpeg pics, i'm trying to make a video slideshow that i
can upload to put on my myspace page.
--
Thanx
Casey Wheeler

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What file types are you using?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "casey" <casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when ever I try to add a pic to the story board it doesn't do anything
> > just
> > acts like i didn't even do it, and when i just try to make an auto movie
> > it
> > sais there's an invalid pointer as the error code. I don't know what that
> > even means and Never had this problem with XP, i've got a new dell laptop
> > with windows vista home premium already installed. with the movie maker
> > that
> > came with vista. would appreciate any help.
> > --
> > Thanx
> > Casey Wheeler

Graham Hughes

Re: Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer
Have you tried using bitmap format pictures?

--

> I'm just using regular Jpeg pics, i'm trying to make a video slideshow
> that i
> can upload to put on my myspace page.
> --
> Thanx
> Casey Wheeler
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> What file types are you using?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "casey" <casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when ever I try to add a pic to the story board it doesn't do anything
>> > just
>> > acts like i didn't even do it, and when i just try to make an auto
>> > movie
>> > it
>> > sais there's an invalid pointer as the error code. I don't know what
>> > that
>> > even means and Never had this problem with XP, i've got a new dell
>> > laptop
>> > with windows vista home premium already installed. with the movie maker
>> > that
>> > came with vista. would appreciate any help.
>> > --
>> > Thanx
>> > Casey Wheeler

casey

Re: Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer
No I haven't tried bitmap, All my pictures are in JPEG. How can I convert
them to bitmap. I've got a few bitmaps I saved off the web i'll try those,
but in the mean time do you know how to convert a jpeg to a bitmap
--
Thanx
Casey Wheeler

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Have you tried using bitmap format pictures?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "casey" <casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm just using regular Jpeg pics, i'm trying to make a video slideshow
> > that i
> > can upload to put on my myspace page.
> > --
> > Thanx
> > Casey Wheeler
> >

> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> What file types are you using?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> www.myvideoproblems.com

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer
Open the JPEG, File > Save As, choose BMP as the file type format from the drop
down list.

I am sure there are batch converters available too.
--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> No I haven't tried bitmap, All my pictures are in JPEG. How can I convert
> them to bitmap. I've got a few bitmaps I saved off the web i'll try those,
> but in the mean time do you know how to convert a jpeg to a bitmap
> --
> Thanx
> Casey Wheeler
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using bitmap format pictures?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "casey" <casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm just using regular Jpeg pics, i'm trying to make a video slideshow
>> > that i
>> > can upload to put on my myspace page.
>> > --
>> > Thanx
>> > Casey Wheeler

Graham Hughes

Re: Windows Movie Maker Error Invalid Pointer
Do you have a photo editing programme? If so check to see if it has a batch
function, so you cna change them all in one go.

If not, check out Irfanview, link here
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPa...Programmes.htm
Which will do it for you.