Movie Maker (Vista, v. 6 ??) won't play storyboard/preview clips

George

Movie Maker (Vista, v. 6 ??) won't play storyboard/preview clips
There is definately something wrong here. I've successfully used Windows
Movie Maker with with Windows XP countless times. I'm presentlly trying to
use Movie Maker on my new hp pavilion notebook (2GB DDR2 RAM, Intel Dual Core
processor, 160GB HD) with Windows Vista Premium pre-installed. The
properties dialog states that I'm using WMM version 6.00.6000.

I'm not importing DIVX files or anything like that. Just plain jane video
from my camcorder (avi). I know what I'm doing. Hooked up camcorder via
firewire, imported 3 tapes (i.e., 3 avi video files) and start editing.
After I had about 1 hour of raw footage, I stared splitting and adding fades.
I constantly preview to ensure my fades and cuts are what I want.

Well, after about an hour or so of doing this, the preview stops working.
Rebooting doesn't work; closing Movie Maker and reloading it doesn't work.
What kills me is that if I grab a random clip and add it to my storyboard, it
works...sometimes. But when I remove the unwanted/random clip, it won't.
This is sooo random.

There are definately some bugs that need to be ironed out. Any suggestions
or fixes?

Hexon is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Movie Maker (Vista, v. 6 ??) won't play storyboard/preview clips
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
[...]

I had this problem as well. It's due to issues with too many transitions/effects etc used in your movie file. Its not permanent though. I fixed mine by dragging a split scene into eachother so they wiped into each other rather than using the transition I was using. It played as long as I kept it that way.

Movie maker is flawed, best to use premier etc if you want to make big projects.