Windows Movie Maker will not play preview

PirateLady

Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
Hi. I'm having a problem. WMM will not play my storyboard/timeline,
although it will play clips up in the imported media section. I've disabled
all video filters and I've looked around this site and found that I should
run regsvr32 quartz.dll. The problem is, I don't know what the heck it is or
how to run it. Can someone please help me? Thank you
Graham Hughes

Re: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
What file types are you suing? This often happens with mpeg/divx files which
don't work well with MM, convert thm to wmv first and then edit.

More help here
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
and here
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPa...Programmes.htm

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"PirateLady" <PirateLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm having a problem. WMM will not play my storyboard/timeline,
> although it will play clips up in the imported media section. I've
> disabled
> all video filters and I've looked around this site and found that I should
> run regsvr32 quartz.dll. The problem is, I don't know what the heck it is
> or
> how to run it. Can someone please help me? Thank you

Sammi

Re: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
I'm having the exact same problem that Pirate Lady was having and
unfortunately the information provided on the links you provided didn't help
me. My video clips are in .wmv format and when I click on the 'Play' button
for the storyboard or timeline, it will not play. I don't know what to do.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What file types are you suing? This often happens with mpeg/divx files which
> don't work well with MM, convert thm to wmv first and then edit.
>
> More help here
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
> and here
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPa...Programmes.htm
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "PirateLady" <PirateLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. I'm having a problem. WMM will not play my storyboard/timeline,
> > although it will play clips up in the imported media section. I've
> > disabled
> > all video filters and I've looked around this site and found that I should
> > run regsvr32 quartz.dll. The problem is, I don't know what the heck it is
> > or
> > how to run it. Can someone please help me? Thank you

Graham Hughes

Re: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
Can you use the MS supplied movie files?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Sammi" <Sammi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the exact same problem that Pirate Lady was having and
> unfortunately the information provided on the links you provided didn't
> help
> me. My video clips are in .wmv format and when I click on the 'Play'
> button
> for the storyboard or timeline, it will not play. I don't know what to do.
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> What file types are you suing? This often happens with mpeg/divx files
>> which
>> don't work well with MM, convert thm to wmv first and then edit.
>>
>> More help here
>> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>> and here
>> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPa...Programmes.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "PirateLady" <PirateLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. I'm having a problem. WMM will not play my storyboard/timeline,
>> > although it will play clips up in the imported media section. I've
>> > disabled
>> > all video filters and I've looked around this site and found that I
>> > should
>> > run regsvr32 quartz.dll. The problem is, I don't know what the heck it
>> > is
>> > or
>> > how to run it. Can someone please help me? Thank you

Graham Hughes

Re: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
And where did these wmv files that won't play come from?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com

"Sammi" <Sammi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the exact same problem that Pirate Lady was having and
> unfortunately the information provided on the links you provided didn't
> help
> me. My video clips are in .wmv format and when I click on the 'Play'
> button
> for the storyboard or timeline, it will not play. I don't know what to do.
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> What file types are you suing? This often happens with mpeg/divx files
>> which
>> don't work well with MM, convert thm to wmv first and then edit.
>>
>> More help here
>> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>> and here
>> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPa...Programmes.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "PirateLady" <PirateLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. I'm having a problem. WMM will not play my storyboard/timeline,
>> > although it will play clips up in the imported media section. I've
>> > disabled
>> > all video filters and I've looked around this site and found that I
>> > should
>> > run regsvr32 quartz.dll. The problem is, I don't know what the heck it
>> > is
>> > or
>> > how to run it. Can someone please help me? Thank you

SlyDog

Re: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
I am having the same problem. Have spent hours importing .jpg photos and
music (changed all the music from .mp3 files to .wav files to avoid any
compatibility issues). The playback/preview timeline was working, but it
just stopped. This is extremely frustrating and just reading through the
history in the discussion groups, this is a major software problem. What is
MSFT doing to resolve? How do we fix so we don't lose hours of work?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Can you use the MS supplied movie files?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Sammi" <Sammi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having the exact same problem that Pirate Lady was having and
> > unfortunately the information provided on the links you provided didn't
> > help
> > me. My video clips are in .wmv format and when I click on the 'Play'
> > button
> > for the storyboard or timeline, it will not play. I don't know what to do.
> >
> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> What file types are you suing? This often happens with mpeg/divx files
> >> which
> >> don't work well with MM, convert thm to wmv first and then edit.
> >>
> >> More help here
> >> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
> >> and here
> >> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPa...Programmes.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> www.myvideoproblems.com

Abinadi

Re: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
I waisted hours today! Same problem - please fix it! Thanks!

"SlyDog" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. Have spent hours importing .jpg photos and
> music (changed all the music from .mp3 files to .wav files to avoid any
> compatibility issues). The playback/preview timeline was working, but it
> just stopped. This is extremely frustrating and just reading through the
> history in the discussion groups, this is a major software problem. What is
> MSFT doing to resolve? How do we fix so we don't lose hours of work?
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > Can you use the MS supplied movie files?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.myvideoproblems.com
> >

> > "Sammi" <Sammi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm having the exact same problem that Pirate Lady was having and
> > > unfortunately the information provided on the links you provided didn't
> > > help
> > > me. My video clips are in .wmv format and when I click on the 'Play'
> > > button
> > > for the storyboard or timeline, it will not play. I don't know what to do.

Joyce

Re: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
I am having the exact same problem. I can get my clips into the storyboard,
and they will play back in the preview screen but if I close and save
project, then go back later, I cannot play any of the clips in the
storyboard on the preview screen. It is as thought I am frozen out. I am
ready to buy a video software program, just don't know which is easy and
best to use.
Joyce
"Abinadi" <Abinadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I waisted hours today! Same problem - please fix it! Thanks!
>

> "SlyDog" wrote:
>
>> I am having the same problem. Have spent hours importing .jpg photos and
>> music (changed all the music from .mp3 files to .wav files to avoid any
>> compatibility issues). The playback/preview timeline was working, but it
>> just stopped. This is extremely frustrating and just reading through the
>> history in the discussion groups, this is a major software problem. What
>> is
>> MSFT doing to resolve? How do we fix so we don't lose hours of work?
>>
>> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>>
>> > Can you use the MS supplied movie files?
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > www.myvideoproblems.com

madmaya

RE: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
Hi, I was having the same preview problem with mpeg2. I also had importing
problems with .mod and mpeg1. To fix the problem I installed itunes. then
itunes made my cd/dvd driver corrupt, so I uninstalled itunes and everything
worked perfectly.

"PirateLady" wrote:

> Hi. I'm having a problem. WMM will not play my storyboard/timeline,
> although it will play clips up in the imported media section. I've disabled
> all video filters and I've looked around this site and found that I should
> run regsvr32 quartz.dll. The problem is, I don't know what the heck it is or
> how to run it. Can someone please help me? Thank you

Bretigne

RE: Windows Movie Maker will not play preview
Hey -- I had the exact same problem, and just happened upon a "fix" (I don't
know how real or permanent the fix is, but it's worked for me so far). I
went into my timeline and moved a couple of clips around -- also adding fades
between them -- and suddenly I was able to play it again. Go figure.

Hope this helps.

Bretigne