Skipping & Distortion in Vista Audio

CrystalShades

Skipping & Distortion in Vista Audio
I bought a new Gateway with Windows Vista Home Prem. When playing music
cds there was skipping and distortion on Media Player 11. This was happening
with commercial cds and home burned ones as well as when playing games.
Anything with audio. So I called the Gateway support and was advised to
update the Realtek driver, then we updated the Vista stuff and this did not
help. So then I downloaded Winapp and it was still skipping. So I returned
the computer to Curcuit City and got an identical one thinking it must be a
lemon. This one immediately was skipping. So then I spent 4 hours at the
store finding another computer. Got an Acer now. Well guess what? SAME
THING!! SKIPPING STILL!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And
there are no enhancements checked off. This, I conclude must be a Vista
problem, since I've just had 3 brand new computers in 3 days do the same
thing! I'm about to return this one too until Microsoft fixes this problem.
There are already 2 brand new computers going home because of this problem!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
ggates

Re: Skipping & Distortion in Vista Audio

Yep I'm about to return the second HP dv9700 laptop for the same audio
problem. It is clearly a problem with Realtek drivers and Vista. If I
uninstall the realtek driver and let the vista sound driver install, the
distortion goes away, but now there's no control over the sound and no
mixer or presets for sound. I have spent hours online searching for a
fix and with tech help and everything else possible, but no fix. I'm
done with computers that have Vista and Realtek drivers til they get it
fixed.

--
ggates

slimshadydcx is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
skipping
question- do u have a linksys or belkin network adapter? if so unplug it and try playing some music. you may find it all works perfectly. if so then go to the linksys website and download the latest driver for vista
uvbogden

Re: Skipping & Distortion in Vista Audio
Thanks for your solution. My adapter is Broadcom but switching to a
different adapter solved my problem.