WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update

Ed

WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
After I installed the new driver for my Soundblaster card WMP no longer
launches.

I have to go into the file folder and click on the .exe file and then press
"Continue" when prompted by the User Account Control to launch it. Even after
it has launched it will not play any recently downloaded mp3 files.

I tried a system restore point from a week earlier, but this did not fix the
problem.

Any ideas? I'm really not digging Creative Labs right now.
Cal Bear '66

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
You might find more help on Creative's forum>

What, specifically, Creative card, what, specifically, driver version?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I installed the new driver for my Soundblaster card WMP no longer
> launches.
>
> I have to go into the file folder and click on the .exe file and then press
> "Continue" when prompted by the User Account Control to launch it. Even after
> it has launched it will not play any recently downloaded mp3 files.
>
> I tried a system restore point from a week earlier, but this did not fix the
> problem.
>
> Any ideas? I'm really not digging Creative Labs right now.

Ed

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
I'm using the X-Fi Xtreme Audio with the driver version 1.0.0.1; the newest
Vista compatibility driver.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You might find more help on Creative's forum>
>
> What, specifically, Creative card, what, specifically, driver version?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After I installed the new driver for my Soundblaster card WMP no longer
> > launches.
> >
> > I have to go into the file folder and click on the .exe file and then press
> > "Continue" when prompted by the User Account Control to launch it. Even after
> > it has launched it will not play any recently downloaded mp3 files.
> >
> > I tried a system restore point from a week earlier, but this did not fix the
> > problem.
> >
> > Any ideas? I'm really not digging Creative Labs right now.

Cal Bear '66

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
Wrong driver. Should be 1.04.0077 See:

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=10

--

> I'm using the X-Fi Xtreme Audio with the driver version 1.0.0.1; the newest
> Vista compatibility driver.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> You might find more help on Creative's forum>
>>
>> What, specifically, Creative card, what, specifically, driver version?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After I installed the new driver for my Soundblaster card WMP no longer
>> > launches.
>> >
>> > I have to go into the file folder and click on the .exe file and then press
>> > "Continue" when prompted by the User Account Control to launch it. Even
>> > after
>> > it has launched it will not play any recently downloaded mp3 files.
>> >
>> > I tried a system restore point from a week earlier, but this did not fix
>> > the
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > Any ideas? I'm really not digging Creative Labs right now.

Ed

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
My bad, that is the driver I am using. The 1.0.0.1 was the file version.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Wrong driver. Should be 1.04.0077 See:
>
> http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=10
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using the X-Fi Xtreme Audio with the driver version 1.0.0.1; the newest
> > Vista compatibility driver.
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> You might find more help on Creative's forum>
> >>
> >> What, specifically, Creative card, what, specifically, driver version?
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
I still think you might find better and quicker help on a Creative forum,
especially if this is a wide spread problem with that card and that driver. At
least you have a better chance of catching Creative's attention.

I have a different X-Fi card and driver, and have not had a problem such as
yours.

--

> My bad, that is the driver I am using. The 1.0.0.1 was the file version.
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Wrong driver. Should be 1.04.0077 See:
>>
>> http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=10
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using the X-Fi Xtreme Audio with the driver version 1.0.0.1; the newest
>> > Vista compatibility driver.

Ed

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
Thanks. I appreciate your help.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> I still think you might find better and quicker help on a Creative forum,
> especially if this is a wide spread problem with that card and that driver. At
> least you have a better chance of catching Creative's attention.
>
> I have a different X-Fi card and driver, and have not had a problem such as
> yours.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My bad, that is the driver I am using. The 1.0.0.1 was the file version.
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Wrong driver. Should be 1.04.0077 See:
> >>
> >> http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=10
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
In addition to the Creative forums, be sure to e-mail Customer Service directly.

Good luck.

--

> Thanks. I appreciate your help.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> I still think you might find better and quicker help on a Creative forum,
>> especially if this is a wide spread problem with that card and that driver.
>> At
>> least you have a better chance of catching Creative's attention.
>>
>> I have a different X-Fi card and driver, and have not had a problem such as
>> yours.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My bad, that is the driver I am using. The 1.0.0.1 was the file version.

Ed

Re: WMP11 not launching/reading after sound card driver update
Thanks!