Copying homemade videos

luvboxerpups1

Copying homemade videos
I'm trying to find out how to copy a DVD that was made from a camcorder? I
can view it on MediaPlayer, but not burn, rip or copy it? Running Windows
Vista Basic. Is this possible? Thank You, luv
--
luvboxerpups1
John Inzer

Re: Copying homemade videos
luvboxerpups1 wrote:
> I'm trying to find out how to copy a DVD that was made from a
> camcorder? I can view it on MediaPlayer, but not burn, rip or copy
> it? Running Windows Vista Basic. Is this possible? Thank You, luv

=============================
If you have DVD Authoring software...
(Nero for example) you should be able
to copy the DVD.

The following links are focused on Movie
Maker but if you are interested in ripping
the DVD...the info will be useful:

Movie Maker 2 -
Importing Video from Discs
http://tinyurl.com/n3g2b

Editing video from a dvd
camcorder
http://tinyurl.com/rdo3k

Movie Maker 2 -
Importing MPEG Files
http://tinyurl.com/eajjh

Converting MPEG-2 files - Part 1
(for Importing)
http://tinyurl.com/ycv5x7

Converting MPEG-2 files - Part II
(Ripping/Converting DVDs)
http://tinyurl.com/yjyzk9

Converting MPEG-2 files - Part III
(from Recorded TV to Movie Maker)
http://tinyurl.com/bfkep

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

luvboxerpups1

Re: Copying homemade videos
Mr. Inzer, thank you for your response. Bottom line...I will have to
purchase another program to work with Windows Vista unless I want to sit at
my pc all day separating files and changing those last three letters. This
is way to complicated for me. I will give the Ulead a try though and I
certainly appreciate your assistance. Warning...Windows Vista sucks. Every
single time I get ready to do something I have to purchase another program to
work with Windows Vista. Jeez, should've waited another five years to
purchase a new pc with Vista. Again, thank you, luv
--
luvboxerpups1

"John Inzer" wrote:

> luvboxerpups1 wrote:
> > I'm trying to find out how to copy a DVD that was made from a
> > camcorder? I can view it on MediaPlayer, but not burn, rip or copy
> > it? Running Windows Vista Basic. Is this possible? Thank You, luv

> =============================
> If you have DVD Authoring software...
> (Nero for example) you should be able
> to copy the DVD.
>
> The following links are focused on Movie
> Maker but if you are interested in ripping
> the DVD...the info will be useful:
>
> Movie Maker 2 -
> Importing Video from Discs
> http://tinyurl.com/n3g2b
>
> Editing video from a dvd
> camcorder
> http://tinyurl.com/rdo3k
>
> Movie Maker 2 -
> Importing MPEG Files
> http://tinyurl.com/eajjh
>
> Converting MPEG-2 files - Part 1
> (for Importing)
> http://tinyurl.com/ycv5x7
>
> Converting MPEG-2 files - Part II
> (Ripping/Converting DVDs)
> http://tinyurl.com/yjyzk9
>
> Converting MPEG-2 files - Part III
> (from Recorded TV to Movie Maker)
> http://tinyurl.com/bfkep
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Graham Hughes

Re: Copying homemade videos
DVD camcorders can record in VR format, this needs to be finalised before it
can be copied. Also some copying programmes find they can't copy this type
of disc properly, and I've found that sometime only a -R disc can be copied
to a +R disc.
If you want to copy your discs regularly, or have good compatibility with
players I'd suggest steering clear of the VR format.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"luvboxerpups1" <luvboxerpups1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mr. Inzer, thank you for your response. Bottom line...I will have to
> purchase another program to work with Windows Vista unless I want to sit
> at
> my pc all day separating files and changing those last three letters.
> This
> is way to complicated for me. I will give the Ulead a try though and I
> certainly appreciate your assistance. Warning...Windows Vista sucks.
> Every
> single time I get ready to do something I have to purchase another program
> work with Windows Vista. Jeez, should've waited another five years to
> purchase a new pc with Vista. Again, thank you, luv
> --
> luvboxerpups1
>

> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> luvboxerpups1 wrote:
>> > I'm trying to find out how to copy a DVD that was made from a
>> > camcorder? I can view it on MediaPlayer, but not burn, rip or copy
>> > it? Running Windows Vista Basic. Is this possible? Thank You, luv

>> =============================
>> If you have DVD Authoring software...
>> (Nero for example) you should be able
>> to copy the DVD.
>>
>> The following links are focused on Movie
>> Maker but if you are interested in ripping
>> the DVD...the info will be useful:
>>
>> Movie Maker 2 -
>> Importing Video from Discs
>> http://tinyurl.com/n3g2b
>>
>> Editing video from a dvd
>> camcorder
>> http://tinyurl.com/rdo3k
>>
>> Movie Maker 2 -
>> Importing MPEG Files
>> http://tinyurl.com/eajjh
>>
>> Converting MPEG-2 files - Part 1
>> (for Importing)
>> http://tinyurl.com/ycv5x7
>>
>> Converting MPEG-2 files - Part II
>> (Ripping/Converting DVDs)
>> http://tinyurl.com/yjyzk9
>>
>> Converting MPEG-2 files - Part III
>> (from Recorded TV to Movie Maker)
>> http://tinyurl.com/bfkep
>>

>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>> MS Picture It! -
>> Digital Image MVP
>>
>> Digital Image
>> Highlights and FAQs
>> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>>
>> Notice
>> This is not tech support
>> I am a volunteer
>>
>> Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk

mrowlls

Re: Copying homemade videos
Can anyone help me with a stupid question? How do you change the duration of
the clips if they are already on the storyboard/timeline? I know how to
change the default duration for new clips I put in, but not for the existing
ones.