Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV after power failure

Geoff

Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV after power failure
Does Windows Media Center run as a service when I'm not logged into Vista? If
my PC is running, say, after a restart due to power failure or a scheduled
windows update, will Media Center 'know' to start up and record TV shows even
though no user is logged in and running Media Center?
Bob J

RE: Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV after power failure
There is no reason why MC should not record a previous scheduled recording
session after a restart, it's a notation retained by the program in it's
system.
You could try by scheduling a test session then restart your PC, and check
whether it records. Do it in real time.
--
Regards
Bob J

"Geoff" wrote:

> Does Windows Media Center run as a service when I'm not logged into Vista? If
> my PC is running, say, after a restart due to power failure or a scheduled
> windows update, will Media Center 'know' to start up and record TV shows even
> though no user is logged in and running Media Center?

Bob J

RE: Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV after power failure
You dot not have to have MC on, but the PC must on.
--

"Geoff" wrote:

> Does Windows Media Center run as a service when I'm not logged into Vista? If
> my PC is running, say, after a restart due to power failure or a scheduled
> windows update, will Media Center 'know' to start up and record TV shows even
> though no user is logged in and running Media Center?

Bob J

RE: Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV after power failure
Final answer yes, as long as the commence time is after you reboot.
--

"Geoff" wrote:

> Does Windows Media Center run as a service when I'm not logged into Vista? If
> my PC is running, say, after a restart due to power failure or a scheduled
> windows update, will Media Center 'know' to start up and record TV shows even
> though no user is logged in and running Media Center?

Buellpilot

Re: Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV after power failure
Yes media center will record even if you are not logged in.

But will YOUR PC restart after a power failure??

Check your BIOS there is usually an option to state that after
loss of power it will restart. By default most PCs usually don't reboot.

"Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Windows Media Center run as a service when I'm not logged into Vista?
> If
> my PC is running, say, after a restart due to power failure or a scheduled
> windows update, will Media Center 'know' to start up and record TV shows
> even
> though no user is logged in and running Media Center?

Geoff

Re: Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV
Re: All responses

Yeah, my testing basically supports this.. (My PC has to be ON? You don't
say...) It's quite a good system, really.

Thanks for the replies.
gazatf1

Re: Vista Ultimate and Media Center - Recording TV after power failure

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this problem? I am also in the same
position.

Thanks

Gareth

--