video not imported correctly

bl18wcc

video not imported correctly
can't import video on windows dvd maker
--
bl18wcc

trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the
firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to
import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it says the
video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape was not
blank and then try again, running vista on a new pc
Graham Hughes

Re: video not imported correctly
Can you capture it with movie maker or any other video editing app? I'm not
sure if dvd maker is designed to capture video.
Can you test the parts, as they may be faulty, so lead/cam/pc port
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Probl...notCapture.htm

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"bl18wcc" <bl18wcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can't import video on windows dvd maker
> --
> bl18wcc
>
> trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the
> firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to
> import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it says
> the
> video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape was
> not
> blank and then try again, running vista on a new pc

bl18wcc

Re: video not imported correctly
no it won't import on any other video capture programs, all the programs i
try recognize the camera and i can control the camera from my pc but there is
no picture on the pc preview screen, i have read where some jvc camcorders
won't work with a firewire unless it has a texas instrument chipset, which
mine doesn't
--
bl18wcc

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Can you capture it with movie maker or any other video editing app? I'm not
> sure if dvd maker is designed to capture video.
> Can you test the parts, as they may be faulty, so lead/cam/pc port
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Probl...notCapture.htm
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "bl18wcc" <bl18wcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > can't import video on windows dvd maker
> > --
> > bl18wcc
> >
> > trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the
> > firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to
> > import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it says
> > the
> > video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape was
> > not
> > blank and then try again, running vista on a new pc

Richard

Re: video not imported correctly
I've been following this issue in this thread and I've now seen lots of
people with the same issue and its not camera specific, so I suspect the
common factor is the drivers and/or the chipset on the fire wire cards. Now
speaking personally my fire worked fine until I added Vista, so the only
change has been Vista and the driver. I therefore suspect the driver that
microsoft have put in is not 100% compliant. Does anyone have an 3rd party
driver software for firewire on vista.

> no it won't import on any other video capture programs, all the programs i
> try recognize the camera and i can control the camera from my pc but there
> is
> no picture on the pc preview screen, i have read where some jvc camcorders
> won't work with a firewire unless it has a texas instrument chipset, which
> mine doesn't
> --
> bl18wcc
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> Can you capture it with movie maker or any other video editing app? I'm
>> not
>> sure if dvd maker is designed to capture video.
>> Can you test the parts, as they may be faulty, so lead/cam/pc port
>> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Probl...notCapture.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "bl18wcc" <bl18wcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > can't import video on windows dvd maker
>> > --
>> > bl18wcc
>> >
>> > trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the
>> > firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to
>> > import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it
>> > says
>> > the
>> > video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape
>> > was
>> > not
>> > blank and then try again, running vista on a new pc

Adam Albright

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:26:26 +0100, "Richard" <rms@hotpop.com> wrote:

>I've been following this issue in this thread and I've now seen lots of
>people with the same issue and its not camera specific, so I suspect the
>common factor is the drivers and/or the chipset on the fire wire cards. Now
>speaking personally my fire worked fine until I added Vista, so the only
>change has been Vista and the driver. I therefore suspect the driver that
>microsoft have put in is not 100% compliant. Does anyone have an 3rd party
>driver software for firewire on vista.

Firewire should work fine with ANY camera IF the firewire interface is
OHCI IEEE-1394 compliant. This has always been a sticking point not
with Windows but the interface itself since SOME are not 100% OHCI
compliant regardless if it located directly on your motherboard (many
newer MB now have it) or if you add some expansion firewire card.

You can check by going to Windows Device Manager and checking what if
any Firewire device it detects and what error if any is shown.

Maybe this will help. While based on older versions of Windows non the
less the basics haven't changed.

http://www.computerhope.com/win95er.htm

For what it is worth I had a similar problem myself years ago. In a
nutshell I build a PC that had what it claimed was a 100% compliant
firewire interface on the motherboard. While I could import from my
digital camera fine, reversing the process writing an editing video
back to the camera's DV tape it would drop frames like crazy.

The solution was simple I disabled the firewire connector on the MB
and stuck in a firewire expansion card. Worked fine.

One such card here: Very similar to the one I've used.

http://www.siig.com/product.asp?pid=1013

Anyhow my present PC works fine with the Vista installed driver which
is a Texas Instruments version dated 6/21/06 version 6.0.6000.16386

Since Vista includes many drivers on the install DVD and unlike
earlier versions of Windows these get installed regardless if or not
you need them, so they are ALREADY on your root drive one possible
fix those having trouble may wish to try also from Device Manager is
look for the line that starts with IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controller.
Expand. Some driver should be there. Right click on this line, select
uninstall. Immediately close down Windows. Reboot, Windows should
detect your firewire hardware and shortly after it boots pop up a
little window in the lower right of your desktop saying new hardware
found... installing driver. It does no harm to try.

steve

RE: video not imported correctly
bl18wcc
have you worked this problem out yet. i have the same problem. i bought
my pc back in jan 2007. the 1394 transfer worked correctly on ms xp. the
only thing i changed was to vista.....

"bl18wcc" wrote:

> can't import video on windows dvd maker
> --
> bl18wcc
>
> trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the
> firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to
> import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it says the
> video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape was not
> blank and then try again, running vista on a new pc

Tom

RE: video not imported correctly
I recently bought new pc with vista & therefore had to upgrade Studio 8 to
Studio ultimate for compatibility.
The only problem is that I cannot capture video from my Digital Camcorder.
I have a JVC GR-D260. When Plugged into the Pc via Firewire my pc recognises
the camcorder & names it but then tells me I am missing drivers.
I have spoken to Hewlett Packard (Pc Brand) JVC, Microsoft, Cyberlink, &
even tried Cyberlinks PowerDirector 6, all to no avail.
Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem as I am now getting rather
fed up with the whole thing!
HELP AARRGHHH!

"steve" wrote:

> bl18wcc
> have you worked this problem out yet. i have the same problem. i bought
> my pc back in jan 2007. the 1394 transfer worked correctly on ms xp. the
> only thing i changed was to vista.....
>
> "bl18wcc" wrote:
>
> > can't import video on windows dvd maker
> > --
> > bl18wcc
> >
> > trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the
> > firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to
> > import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it says the
> > video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape was not
> > blank and then try again, running vista on a new pc

steve

RE: video not imported correctly
i'm still having the same problem. i wonder what's up...

"Tom" wrote:

> I recently bought new pc with vista & therefore had to upgrade Studio 8 to
> Studio ultimate for compatibility.
> The only problem is that I cannot capture video from my Digital Camcorder.
> I have a JVC GR-D260. When Plugged into the Pc via Firewire my pc recognises
> the camcorder & names it but then tells me I am missing drivers.
> I have spoken to Hewlett Packard (Pc Brand) JVC, Microsoft, Cyberlink, &
> even tried Cyberlinks PowerDirector 6, all to no avail.
> Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem as I am now getting rather
> fed up with the whole thing!
> HELP AARRGHHH!
>
> "steve" wrote:
>
> > bl18wcc
> > have you worked this problem out yet. i have the same problem. i bought
> > my pc back in jan 2007. the 1394 transfer worked correctly on ms xp. the
> > only thing i changed was to vista.....
> >
> > "bl18wcc" wrote:
> >
> > > can't import video on windows dvd maker
> > > --
> > > bl18wcc
> > >
> > > trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the
> > > firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to
> > > import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it says the
> > > video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape was not
> > > blank and then try again, running vista on a new pc

Tom

RE: video not imported correctly

Still no luck, I have just disabled the firewire & stuck in a new card in
the pci slot. same problem. In device manager I can still see the name of my
camcorder but requiring drivers.
Who do I blame. They will all pass the buck. The original drivers with the
installed firewire were provided by microsoft, but the camcorder souldnt need
them etc, so I recon its a vista problem & therefore micrsoft as its the only
common factor. Will someone from microsoft please sort out this issue ASAP as
I rang then in the US last week & they told me to ring HP UK cause it is an
OEM version of VISTA that I have...............I dont care!!! Its a microsoft
product........ So cmon, get the finger out & get it sorted please!
"steve" wrote:

> i'm still having the same problem. i wonder what's up...
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>
> > I recently bought new pc with vista & therefore had to upgrade Studio 8 to
> > Studio ultimate for compatibility.
> > The only problem is that I cannot capture video from my Digital Camcorder.
> > I have a JVC GR-D260. When Plugged into the Pc via Firewire my pc recognises
> > the camcorder & names it but then tells me I am missing drivers.
> > I have spoken to Hewlett Packard (Pc Brand) JVC, Microsoft, Cyberlink, &
> > even tried Cyberlinks PowerDirector 6, all to no avail.
> > Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem as I am now getting rather
> > fed up with the whole thing!
> > HELP AARRGHHH!
> >
> > "steve" wrote:
> >
> > > bl18wcc
> > > have you worked this problem out yet. i have the same problem. i bought
> > > my pc back in jan 2007. the 1394 transfer worked correctly on ms xp. the
> > > only thing i changed was to vista.....

Cal Bear '66

Re: video not imported correctly
Have you tried this Microsoft hotfix?