Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!

Tails

Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!
The slideshow feature of Photo Gallery's Slideshow hangs on the loading
screen. I've been through the support pages and googled myself half to death
searching for an answer to this and so far found nothing.

for the record, my user experience ratings for the video realted stuff are
over 5 which according to all the support pages is ample to run it at my
native resolution of 1900 x 1080 - if you have and suggestions or ideas
about this, lease let me know. I've been trying to work this oit for about 2
months now!

Adam Albright

Re: Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:46:02 -0700, Tails
<Tails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The slideshow feature of Photo Gallery's Slideshow hangs on the loading
>screen. I've been through the support pages and googled myself half to death
>searching for an answer to this and so far found nothing.
>
>for the record, my user experience ratings for the video realted stuff are
>over 5 which according to all the support pages is ample to run it at my
>native resolution of 1900 x 1080 - if you have and suggestions or ideas
>about this, lease let me know. I've been trying to work this oit for about 2
>months now!

Simple to use, fast at lightening, doesn't crash. Yes it does
slideshows and way more.

Xnview.

http://www.xnview.com/

dean-dean

Re: Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!
Does the folder you're trying to SlideShow have video files among the usual
picture files?

"Tails" <Tails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The slideshow feature of Photo Gallery's Slideshow hangs on the loading
> screen. I've been through the support pages and googled myself half to
> death
> searching for an answer to this and so far found nothing.
>
> for the record, my user experience ratings for the video realted stuff are
> over 5 which according to all the support pages is ample to run it at my
> native resolution of 1900 x 1080 - if you have and suggestions or ideas
> about this, lease let me know. I've been trying to work this oit for about
> 2
> months now!

Tails

Re: Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!
I've tried with and without video in the selection. For example, if I
highlight 5 photos and click slide show it hangs and also if I select a whole
folder including video....

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Does the folder you're trying to SlideShow have video files among the usual
> picture files?
>
> "Tails" <Tails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The slideshow feature of Photo Gallery's Slideshow hangs on the loading
> > screen. I've been through the support pages and googled myself half to
> > death
> > searching for an answer to this and so far found nothing.
> >
> > for the record, my user experience ratings for the video realted stuff are
> > over 5 which according to all the support pages is ample to run it at my
> > native resolution of 1900 x 1080 - if you have and suggestions or ideas
> > about this, lease let me know. I've been trying to work this oit for about
> > 2
> > months now!

dean-dean

Re: Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!
Try moving your videos to the Videos folder, so that you just have pictures
in the Pictures folder, or make new subfolders that separate the types of
files. It's been reported that if you have, say, .avi's mixed with .jpg's
in the same directory, this will cause Slide Show to hang.

> I've tried with and without video in the selection. For example, if I
> highlight 5 photos and click slide show it hangs and also if I select a
> whole
> folder including video....
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> Does the folder you're trying to SlideShow have video files among the
>> usual
>> picture files?
>>
>> "Tails" <Tails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The slideshow feature of Photo Gallery's Slideshow hangs on the loading
>> > screen. I've been through the support pages and googled myself half to
>> > death
>> > searching for an answer to this and so far found nothing.
>> >
>> > for the record, my user experience ratings for the video realted stuff
>> > are
>> > over 5 which according to all the support pages is ample to run it at
>> > my
>> > native resolution of 1900 x 1080 - if you have and suggestions or
>> > ideas
>> > about this, lease let me know. I've been trying to work this oit for
>> > about
>> > 2
>> > months now!

Tails

Re: Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!
Thanks

I'll give that a try this evening and let you know if that's the elusive
solution I'm in search of...

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Try moving your videos to the Videos folder, so that you just have pictures
> in the Pictures folder, or make new subfolders that separate the types of
> files. It's been reported that if you have, say, .avi's mixed with .jpg's
> in the same directory, this will cause Slide Show to hang.
>
> "Tails" <Tails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've tried with and without video in the selection. For example, if I
> > highlight 5 photos and click slide show it hangs and also if I select a
> > whole
> > folder including video....
> >
> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> Does the folder you're trying to SlideShow have video files among the
> >> usual
> >> picture files?

McIce is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Photo Gallery Slideshow hangs on loading - please help!
Well? Did it help or not?
I have the same issue here. It hangs up when starting slideshow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post