WPG won't let you open multiple pictures

Josh_Guru

WPG won't let you open multiple pictures
Ok, I've tried to figure this out and have gotten stuck. In prior versions
you could set what program/commands opened a specific filetype. Now, you
can't go that deep without going into the registry... which is a mess now.
Anyway, to the meat...

My problem:
I want to be able to open multiple images (namely JPEGs) in a Paint Shop
Pro, Photoshop, something else other than WPG. Now, when I select more than
16 images, the only options that I am given from Window Explorer is to
"Print", "Print" and "Burn" Yes, ""Print" is listed twice. The first is
taking the place of the default "Open" command and is replacing it with WPG
Printing command, instead. The second is, apparently, the print command for
Paint Shop Pro.

Now this is really annoying for me since I need to open numerous images at
once from a single directory on a regular basis (editing, resizing and the
like).

So, my question:
Anybody have any idea on how to fix this? I've tried going into the registry
and changing the "Open" command for the JPG/JPEG/JPE filetypes to no avail.
The default "Open" command is still getting replaced with WPG's "Print"
command.

Thanks in advance.
Adam Albright

Re: WPG won't let you open multiple pictures
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:52:06 -0700, Josh_Guru
<Josh_Guru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ok, I've tried to figure this out and have gotten stuck. In prior versions
>you could set what program/commands opened a specific filetype. Now, you
>can't go that deep without going into the registry... which is a mess now.
>Anyway, to the meat...

You still can, they just moved it. Go to Control Panel, Default
Programs, there you'll find the master file association list that you
use to be able to get to in Windows Explorer.

>My problem:
>I want to be able to open multiple images (namely JPEGs) in a Paint Shop
>Pro, Photoshop, something else other than WPG. Now, when I select more than
>16 images, the only options that I am given from Window Explorer is to
>"Print", "Print" and "Burn" Yes, ""Print" is listed twice. The first is
>taking the place of the default "Open" command and is replacing it with WPG
>Printing command, instead. The second is, apparently, the print command for
>Paint Shop Pro.
>
>Now this is really annoying for me since I need to open numerous images at
>once from a single directory on a regular basis (editing, resizing and the
>like).
>
>So, my question:
>Anybody have any idea on how to fix this? I've tried going into the registry
>and changing the "Open" command for the JPG/JPEG/JPE filetypes to no avail.
>The default "Open" command is still getting replaced with WPG's "Print"
>command.

You're going about it wrong. If you want to open multiple images in
Photoshop for example start by opening Photoshop then use it's file
open routine to select the files (as a group) that you want to open.
Just to make it sure it works, I just selected 30 and it worked fine.

What do you want to open multiple images at once?

Josh_Guru

Re: WPG won't let you open multiple pictures
That isn't what I said. I said that WPG overrides the default "Open" command
with it's "Print" command. As to the reason, I stated that. And as to why I
would want to open multiple images? Again, I stated why. It's easier to be
looking at the images in explorer and select the ones I need to open, rather
than opening Photoshop/PSP then selecting the files.

Anyway. That's moot. Thanks for the advice, but I had already tried that
solution. Your solution only sets the default program (which is already set).
I need a solution that will disable WPG's ability to override the "Open"
command in Windows Explorer.

Josh

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:52:06 -0700, Josh_Guru
>
> You still can, they just moved it. Go to Control Panel, Default
> Programs, there you'll find the master file association list that you
> use to be able to get to in Windows Explorer.
>
> You're going about it wrong. If you want to open multiple images in
> Photoshop for example start by opening Photoshop then use it's file
> open routine to select the files (as a group) that you want to open.
> Just to make it sure it works, I just selected 30 and it worked fine.
>
> What do you want to open multiple images at once?

Dave

Re: WPG won't let you open multiple pictures
Vista Explorer seems to have a limit of 15 to files that can be opened at a
time (with whichever program.
A users was asking about opening more than 15 text files with Notepad in
another newsgroup.

I don't know why.