Tv output, PAL

Knut

Tv output, PAL
I need to change my secondary display to pal, im running a dell laptop nvidia
grapics card. The problem is i can穡t seem to find out how to do it with the
drivers that came with my vista installation, i dont want to use dell drivers
cause they are from january and working bad. drivers from nvidias site dosn穡t
work because i have a laptop. Please help me, maybe there is some kind of way
to change it in regedit?
Graham Hughes

Re: Tv output, PAL
I've never had to stipulate whether my laptop is outputting pal or ntsc, it
generally sends out wahtever signal the app is sending out.

What is the problem you are trying to overcome?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to change my secondary display to pal, im running a dell laptop
>nvidia
> grapics card. The problem is i can系 seem to find out how to do it with
> the
> drivers that came with my vista installation, i dont want to use dell
> drivers
> cause they are from january and working bad. drivers from nvidias site
> dosn系
> work because i have a laptop. Please help me, maybe there is some kind of
> way
> to change it in regedit?

Knut

Re: Tv output, PAL
the thing is, the driver is sending out ntsc as a standard, and with the
windows vista drivers i can't find any ways of changing it to pal, since i
live in europe pal is the standard, i dont want to use any different drivers
since theseare working great.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> I've never had to stipulate whether my laptop is outputting pal or ntsc, it
> generally sends out wahtever signal the app is sending out.
>
> What is the problem you are trying to overcome?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to change my secondary display to pal, im running a dell laptop
> >nvidia
> > grapics card. The problem is i can穡t seem to find out how to do it with
> > the
> > drivers that came with my vista installation, i dont want to use dell
> > drivers
> > cause they are from january and working bad. drivers from nvidias site
> > dosn穡t
> > work because i have a laptop. Please help me, maybe there is some kind of
> > way
> > to change it in regedit?

Graham Hughes

Re: Tv output, PAL
Your graphics card driver?
Uninstall it and then re-install and pay attention to the options?

--

> the thing is, the driver is sending out ntsc as a standard, and with the
> windows vista drivers i can't find any ways of changing it to pal, since i
> live in europe pal is the standard, i dont want to use any different
> drivers
> since theseare working great.
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> I've never had to stipulate whether my laptop is outputting pal or ntsc,
>> it
>> generally sends out wahtever signal the app is sending out.
>>
>> What is the problem you are trying to overcome?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I need to change my secondary display to pal, im running a dell laptop
>> >nvidia
>> > grapics card. The problem is i can系 seem to find out how to do it with
>> > the
>> > drivers that came with my vista installation, i dont want to use dell
>> > drivers
>> > cause they are from january and working bad. drivers from nvidias site
>> > dosn系
>> > work because i have a laptop. Please help me, maybe there is some kind
>> > of
>> > way
>> > to change it in regedit?

Knut

Re: Tv output, PAL
You're not getting me, i'm using windows vista drivers, the ones that came
with the windows, they do not have any options of changing to pal \ ntsc,
that's why i'm windering if there are any ways of changing it in regedit, i
know i did this in windows xp, but that was a long time ago.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Your graphics card driver?
> Uninstall it and then re-install and pay attention to the options?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the thing is, the driver is sending out ntsc as a standard, and with the
> > windows vista drivers i can't find any ways of changing it to pal, since i
> > live in europe pal is the standard, i dont want to use any different
> > drivers
> > since theseare working great.
> >
> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> I've never had to stipulate whether my laptop is outputting pal or ntsc,
> >> it
> >> generally sends out wahtever signal the app is sending out.
> >>
> >> What is the problem you are trying to overcome?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> www.myvideoproblems.com

Graham Hughes

Re: Tv output, PAL
What drivers are you talking about then, windows supplies drivers to all
sorts of things, I'm sure you don't mean the audio drivers, but if you don't
mean the graphics drivers what drivers do you mean?

As you have a laptop you shouldn't rely on windows drivers, but your laptop
manufacturers drivers. You should get a copy of vista that relates to your
laptop or download the laptop vista drivers as they are nearly all
different.

Why not tell us exactly what teh problem is, so we can try sorting it that
way.

You want to use an external monitor connected to the tv out of your laptop
and it doesn't work?

Is that right?

If so, what happens when you connect, how do you connect, what cables, what
sequence do you go through to display on the monitor etc.

--

> You're not getting me, i'm using windows vista drivers, the ones that came
> with the windows, they do not have any options of changing to pal \ ntsc,
> that's why i'm windering if there are any ways of changing it in regedit,
> know i did this in windows xp, but that was a long time ago.
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> Your graphics card driver?
>> Uninstall it and then re-install and pay attention to the options?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > the thing is, the driver is sending out ntsc as a standard, and with
>> > the
>> > windows vista drivers i can't find any ways of changing it to pal,
>> > since i
>> > live in europe pal is the standard, i dont want to use any different
>> > drivers
>> > since theseare working great.

Knut

Re: Tv output, PAL
Yes it is the graphics driver, i use regular s video, it is the vista
supplied ones, as i explained on the first post, the vista supplied drivers
does not give any options of changing video output to pal, that's why i have
to change it in the registry, i dont want to use the dell drivers since these
works very bad, dell is known for not updating their drivers, they came out
before vista came....

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What drivers are you talking about then, windows supplies drivers to all
> sorts of things, I'm sure you don't mean the audio drivers, but if you don't
> mean the graphics drivers what drivers do you mean?
>
> As you have a laptop you shouldn't rely on windows drivers, but your laptop
> manufacturers drivers. You should get a copy of vista that relates to your
> laptop or download the laptop vista drivers as they are nearly all
> different.
>
> Why not tell us exactly what teh problem is, so we can try sorting it that
> way.
>
> You want to use an external monitor connected to the tv out of your laptop
> and it doesn't work?
>
> Is that right?
>
> If so, what happens when you connect, how do you connect, what cables, what
> sequence do you go through to display on the monitor etc.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You're not getting me, i'm using windows vista drivers, the ones that came
> > with the windows, they do not have any options of changing to pal \ ntsc,
> > that's why i'm windering if there are any ways of changing it in regedit,
> > know i did this in windows xp, but that was a long time ago.
> >

> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> Your graphics card driver?
> >> Uninstall it and then re-install and pay attention to the options?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> www.myvideoproblems.com

Graham Hughes

Re: Tv output, PAL
Can you answer the rest of my questions, as I'm 99.9999% certain that the
graphics driver will not make a difference to the output of PAL or NTSC.

You connect the s-video out from your laptop, using an s-video cable to your
tv,

which has an svideo input?
Now what happens?
Do you have to press F5 to switch monitors?
Have you told the laptop that you want to use an external tv source, often
found in the graphics card setup?

I'm still unconvinced that using windows drivers for your laptop is the
best. If Dell say the laptop is Vista compatible, they will supply vista
drivers and these should be the ones to use.

--

> Yes it is the graphics driver, i use regular s video, it is the vista
> supplied ones, as i explained on the first post, the vista supplied
> drivers
> does not give any options of changing video output to pal, that's why i
> have
> to change it in the registry, i dont want to use the dell drivers since
> these
> works very bad, dell is known for not updating their drivers, they came
> out
> before vista came....
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> What drivers are you talking about then, windows supplies drivers to all
>> sorts of things, I'm sure you don't mean the audio drivers, but if you
>> don't
>> mean the graphics drivers what drivers do you mean?
>>
>> As you have a laptop you shouldn't rely on windows drivers, but your
>> laptop
>> manufacturers drivers. You should get a copy of vista that relates to
>> your
>> laptop or download the laptop vista drivers as they are nearly all
>> different.
>>
>> Why not tell us exactly what teh problem is, so we can try sorting it
>> that
>> way.
>>
>> You want to use an external monitor connected to the tv out of your
>> laptop
>> and it doesn't work?
>>
>> Is that right?
>>
>> If so, what happens when you connect, how do you connect, what cables,
>> what
>> sequence do you go through to display on the monitor etc.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > You're not getting me, i'm using windows vista drivers, the ones that
>> > came
>> > with the windows, they do not have any options of changing to pal \
>> > ntsc,
>> > that's why i'm windering if there are any ways of changing it in
>> > regedit,
>> > know i did this in windows xp, but that was a long time ago.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Tv output, PAL
Excuse me for butting in here, but...

I think this IS a driver issue.

nVidia releases two drivers: one US and one International. I am pretty sure
that part of the reason they do this is that NTSC is ~30 (29.9?) fields/sec and
PAL and SECAM are 25 fields/sec. So there ARE differences in the s-video
output.

Unfortunately this is a laptop, so he cannot download the International drivers
directly from nVidia.

I think he should download Dell's drivers for his country, and hopefully they
will me more up to date than the ones shipped with Vista.

Although, it may be just a registry setting. Perhaps Dell in his country can
help him.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can you answer the rest of my questions, as I'm 99.9999% certain that the
> graphics driver will not make a difference to the output of PAL or NTSC.
>
> You connect the s-video out from your laptop, using an s-video cable to your
> tv,
>
> which has an svideo input?
> Now what happens?
> Do you have to press F5 to switch monitors?
> Have you told the laptop that you want to use an external tv source, often
> found in the graphics card setup?
>
> I'm still unconvinced that using windows drivers for your laptop is the best.
> If Dell say the laptop is Vista compatible, they will supply vista drivers and
> these should be the ones to use.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Knut" <Knut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Yes it is the graphics driver, i use regular s video, it is the vista
>> supplied ones, as i explained on the first post, the vista supplied drivers
>> does not give any options of changing video output to pal, that's why i have
>> to change it in the registry, i dont want to use the dell drivers since these
>> works very bad, dell is known for not updating their drivers, they came out
>> before vista came....
>>

>> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>>
>>> What drivers are you talking about then, windows supplies drivers to all
>>> sorts of things, I'm sure you don't mean the audio drivers, but if you don't
>>> mean the graphics drivers what drivers do you mean?
>>>
>>> As you have a laptop you shouldn't rely on windows drivers, but your laptop
>>> manufacturers drivers. You should get a copy of vista that relates to your
>>> laptop or download the laptop vista drivers as they are nearly all
>>> different.
>>>
>>> Why not tell us exactly what teh problem is, so we can try sorting it that
>>> way.
>>>
>>> You want to use an external monitor connected to the tv out of your laptop
>>> and it doesn't work?
>>>
>>> Is that right?
>>>
>>> If so, what happens when you connect, how do you connect, what cables, what
>>> sequence do you go through to display on the monitor etc.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Graham Hughes
>>> MVP Digital Media
>>> www.myvideoproblems.com

Cal Bear '66

Re: Tv output, PAL
Excuse me again, but...

I see in the new nVidia Control Panel there is an option to change the country
specific signal for an external monitor.

Perhaps nVidia can give him a registry change, since the new nVidia Control
Panel only comes (and changes) with newer driver releases.

I have a desktop, with no external monitor or TV connected.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!