Vista produced DVD won't play in DVD player

Bill-K

Vista produced DVD won't play in DVD player
Captured a video (Canon Elura 100) in Movie Maker 2.6 and created a DVD with
DVD maker.

Plays fine on the computer but will not play on any DVD player. Tries to
read it and spits it out after 30 seconds.
Michael

Re: Vista produced DVD won't play in DVD player
Not all players will play all types of DVD. My previous player would play
DVD+R but not DVD +- RW. Also may not play all brands enen if is supposed to
play that type. Newer players play more types so if you can find someone
with a 'new' player try theirs. Be sure to check your player's manual to
make sure that it is supposed to play the type you are making.

Michael

"Bill-K" <Bill-K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Captured a video (Canon Elura 100) in Movie Maker 2.6 and created a DVD
> with
> DVD maker.
>
> Plays fine on the computer but will not play on any DVD player. Tries to
> read it and spits it out after 30 seconds.

Bill-K

Re: Vista produced DVD won't play in DVD player
I have two different players less than a year old. I have created movies in
Windows XP with no problems. The is my first attempt in Vista. I confident it
is not the DVD players.
My suspisicion is something in DVD maker but there are not many options to
change.

"Michael" wrote:

> Not all players will play all types of DVD. My previous player would play
> DVD+R but not DVD +- RW. Also may not play all brands enen if is supposed to
> play that type. Newer players play more types so if you can find someone
> with a 'new' player try theirs. Be sure to check your player's manual to
> make sure that it is supposed to play the type you are making.
>
> Michael
>
> "Bill-K" <Bill-K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Captured a video (Canon Elura 100) in Movie Maker 2.6 and created a DVD
> > with
> > DVD maker.
> >
> > Plays fine on the computer but will not play on any DVD player. Tries to
> > read it and spits it out after 30 seconds.

Michael

Re: Vista produced DVD won't play in DVD player
O well, so much for the easy stuff.
I just tried a slide show of 70 pictures onto a DVD+RW, other than taking a
long time to generate, seemed to go well. Played on my new LG player just
fine. The only thing I changed from the default was to lengthen the display
time per picture, I can't see that having any effect.

Sorry I can't be of any help,