MovieMaker (Vista Home Premium version) Project file doesn't open!

Nasuka

MovieMaker (Vista Home Premium version) Project file doesn't open!
I created and edited a video with Vista + MovieMaker. Everything worked OK
except now the project file doesn't open anymore. MovieMaker reports "Not
Implemented" error message when I try to open the project file from my hard
drive :-O

All the other older backup project files open normally (so far).

Is the project file somehow corrupted and more importantly, is there
anything to be done anymore? I have spent hours after hours with this project
and I would appreciate very much any hints or tips you may provide for
solving this problem.

CFSG

RE: MovieMaker (Vista Home Premium version) Project file doesn't open!
Dear Nasuka,

I've got the same error indeed very frustrated. I will keep you posted when
i find a good anser (see also my thread on 7-25-07

regards
CFSG

"Nasuka" wrote:

> I created and edited a video with Vista + MovieMaker. Everything worked OK
> except now the project file doesn't open anymore. MovieMaker reports "Not
> Implemented" error message when I try to open the project file from my hard
> drive :-O
>
> All the other older backup project files open normally (so far).
>
> Is the project file somehow corrupted and more importantly, is there
> anything to be done anymore? I have spent hours after hours with this project
> and I would appreciate very much any hints or tips you may provide for
> solving this problem.

Adam Albright

Re: MovieMaker (Vista Home Premium version) Project file doesn't open!
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:20:01 -0700, CFSG
<CFSG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear Nasuka,
>
>I've got the same error indeed very frustrated. I will keep you posted when
>i find a good anser (see also my thread on 7-25-07

For the future you should be making what's sometimes called a modified
Generational Backup. It only takes a few seconds time.

What is it?

A method where you pause at regular intervals and use "save-as"
assigning a new file name EACH time to your project. Example: My
project-1, My project-2, My project-3 and so on. This way if disaster
strikes you never lose more than one generation. While you may have to
repeat some work, you won't be faced with the almost impossible task
of trying to recreate a complicated project you've spent hours or even
days or weeks on from scratch.

I do this with Vegas (my preferring video editor) even though it is
rock solid stable, Vista itself is not. Vegas even has a build in
backup feature where the application saves the current project
automatically every ten minutes, but that just generates a new version
of the same file writing over the last version which isn't the same
thing.

>regards
>CFSG
>
>"Nasuka" wrote:
>
>> I created and edited a video with Vista + MovieMaker. Everything worked OK
>> except now the project file doesn't open anymore. MovieMaker reports "Not
>> Implemented" error message when I try to open the project file from my hard
>> drive :-O
>>
>> All the other older backup project files open normally (so far).
>>
>> Is the project file somehow corrupted and more importantly, is there
>> anything to be done anymore? I have spent hours after hours with this project
>> and I would appreciate very much any hints or tips you may provide for
>> solving this problem.

CFSG

Re: MovieMaker (Vista Home Premium version) Project file doesn't o
Dear Adam;

Your post is running thrue mine but never the less. Your remark is a general
one which is always wise to do.
I have found a work arround to overcome this problem
Open movie maker the normal way
Delete your imported video (or pictures).
Re-import your pictures (and or video)
Open your saved project.
It should open normally.

Let me know if it worked! it worked with me.