Party Mode in Vista Ultimate or WMP

vaughan

Party Mode in Vista Ultimate or WMP
Firstly i apologise if this post is in the wrong spot.

Is there a 'party mode', like there was for the Plus! Media programs that
have recently been stopped that is available for WMP11 or Vista users etc.
The plus! site says that most of the features are carried over into current
programs - however, sadly this feature has not been carried forth...

Is there some kind of plugin for it? I know there is a purchasable product
thru WMplugins.com, however after spending the amount of money that is
required to get Vista, i thought that it should be an included feature.

Party mode features included locking the rest of the computer from use when
the media player is open, admin controlled playlists, song requests etc -
very handy. There isnt anything planned on this is there?

cheers
Dave

Re: Party Mode in Vista Ultimate or WMP
I thought it was included with Vista, as I have it on my computer. But I
discovered that it was left over from my XP install. I upgraded from MCE
2005.

"vaughan" <vaughan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Firstly i apologise if this post is in the wrong spot.
>
> Is there a 'party mode', like there was for the Plus! Media programs that
> have recently been stopped that is available for WMP11 or Vista users etc.
> The plus! site says that most of the features are carried over into
> current
> programs - however, sadly this feature has not been carried forth...
>
> Is there some kind of plugin for it? I know there is a purchasable product
> thru WMplugins.com, however after spending the amount of money that is
> required to get Vista, i thought that it should be an included feature.
>
> Party mode features included locking the rest of the computer from use
> when
> the media player is open, admin controlled playlists, song requests etc -
> very handy. There isnt anything planned on this is there?
>
> cheers

Paul Smith

Re: Party Mode in Vista Ultimate or WMP
"vaughan" <vaughan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Firstly i apologise if this post is in the wrong spot.
>
> Is there a 'party mode', like there was for the Plus! Media programs that
> have recently been stopped that is available for WMP11 or Vista users etc.
> The plus! site says that most of the features are carried over into
> current
> programs - however, sadly this feature has not been carried forth...
>
> Is there some kind of plugin for it? I know there is a purchasable product
> thru WMplugins.com, however after spending the amount of money that is
> required to get Vista, i thought that it should be an included feature.
>
> Party mode features included locking the rest of the computer from use
> when
> the media player is open, admin controlled playlists, song requests etc -
> very handy. There isnt anything planned on this is there?

Media Center has a similar function, under Tasks you can find it right at
the far end called 'Media only'.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

vaughan

Re: Party Mode in Vista Ultimate or WMP
Hmmm, yeah that media only function is almost satisfactory. To fill you in -
i use the computer as a walk-by jukebox in a store, so even with the 'media
only' enabled - it wouldnt take long for someone to disable it. The idea is
that people can add songs to the queue to hear without affecting whats
already in the queue... etc. And obviously i dont want some loser mucking
around with the rest of the computer.

Cheers