Unknow Audio Error 80010001

edengzz

Unknow Audio Error 80010001
I just installed Vista Home Premium and when I use the Media Center or any
other media player and play a couple of different tracks I get "unknown error
80010001". Also towards the end of each song (last 20 seconds or so) there
is a distortion in the sound. I think this has something to do with a
buffering issue or something like that. All I know is that in order for me
not to hear the distortion at the end of each track I have to place one track
on the list pane listen to it and then take it of and place another. I can
not place multiple tracks or that error will accurr. I know I am not the only
one that has this problem, I have searched the error online and there are a
lot of people with this problem. If there is a solution someone please let
me know.
cleverpie

RE: Unknow Audio Error 80010001
Hello, I too was looking for a solution to this error which I had with a new
PC with Vista, and you are the only other person I found with the same
problem!! After a lot of googling, and advice from Dell, I found and
downloaded the following update : Dell R157052 (for my Dell sound system). It
came out this June. A Dell technician told me there were a lot of problems
with Media Center and Vista. The distortion has now disapeared, hurray! I
expect you can find a similar driver for your PC sound system on the net.
Good luck!

"edengzz" wrote:

> I just installed Vista Home Premium and when I use the Media Center or any
> other media player and play a couple of different tracks I get "unknown error
> 80010001". Also towards the end of each song (last 20 seconds or so) there
> is a distortion in the sound. I think this has something to do with a
> buffering issue or something like that. All I know is that in order for me
> not to hear the distortion at the end of each track I have to place one track
> on the list pane listen to it and then take it of and place another. I can
> not place multiple tracks or that error will accurr. I know I am not the only
> one that has this problem, I have searched the error online and there are a
> lot of people with this problem. If there is a solution someone please let
> me know.

edengzz

RE: Unknow Audio Error 80010001

Hi, Thank you so much for posting this up, it really helped and it did fix
my problem. Thank you!