Video preview is upside down!!!

DeeDee in Despair

Video preview is upside down!!!
I'm new to Vista (using Home Premium). Having fun using Movie Maker (ver.
6.0) and DVD Maker. I was having no problem importing my videos to Movie
Maker, but now suddenly the last two AVI movies that I imported suddenly are
coming in backwards. There is nothing wrong with the audio, but when I
preview the video portion, the picture runs upside down!!!!

What in the world am I suddenly doing wrong? Would appreciate any help
anyone can give me!!
--
Thanks for trying to help me
Adam Albright

Re: Video preview is upside down!!!
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:16:01 -0700, DeeDee in Despair
<DeeDeeinDespair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm new to Vista (using Home Premium). Having fun using Movie Maker (ver.
>6.0) and DVD Maker. I was having no problem importing my videos to Movie
>Maker, but now suddenly the last two AVI movies that I imported suddenly are
>coming in backwards. There is nothing wrong with the audio, but when I
>preview the video portion, the picture runs upside down!!!!
>
>What in the world am I suddenly doing wrong? Would appreciate any help
>anyone can give me!!

Usually a codec issue. You could try a quick fix. Once the movie is
dropped on the timeline, right click on it, then pick effects, scroll
down until you see 'rotate 180' degrees and your upside down image
will me upright again.

DeeDee in Despair

Re: Video preview is upside down!!!
Hope I am replying correctly, but I just wanted to thank you, Adam, for the
outstanding advice. I went and followed your directions and it fixed the
problem to a 'T"...quick fix was the answer. Many thanks again, for taking
the time to answer!!
--
Thanks for trying to help me

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:16:01 -0700, DeeDee in Despair
> <DeeDeeinDespair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm new to Vista (using Home Premium). Having fun using Movie Maker (ver.
> >6.0) and DVD Maker. I was having no problem importing my videos to Movie
> >Maker, but now suddenly the last two AVI movies that I imported suddenly are
> >coming in backwards. There is nothing wrong with the audio, but when I
> >preview the video portion, the picture runs upside down!!!!
> >
> >What in the world am I suddenly doing wrong? Would appreciate any help
> >anyone can give me!!

> Usually a codec issue. You could try a quick fix. Once the movie is
> dropped on the timeline, right click on it, then pick effects, scroll
> down until you see 'rotate 180' degrees and your upside down image
> will me upright again.

Mecalith

RE: Video preview is upside down!!!
Check the picture in the Storyboard; If the picture is right side up ignore
the upside down monitor.