QuickTime 7.2 Released

Cal Bear '66

QuickTime 7.2 Released

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Milhouse Van Houten

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
news:C0744017-6D87-446A-874E-45E96CEC9FF6@microsoft.com...
> QuickTime 7.2 Released
>
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

And it still takes 5-10 seconds to load a video with it in Vista. Very
weird. I've read that it may have something to do with having an SATA drive,
which I do, but then so do millions of other people.

Cal Bear '66

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
Loads almost instantaneously here.
Also, only have SATA drives.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> QuickTime 7.2 Released
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

> And it still takes 5-10 seconds to load a video with it in Vista. Very weird.
> I've read that it may have something to do with having an SATA drive, which I
> do, but then so do millions of other people.

carl feredeck

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
Quicktime is as bloated and horrible as vista itself...

I use quicktime alternative that has all the basic files the same (codecs)
but is smaller, and even lets media player play mov files.

the nightmare combination: vista, quicktime, real player, nero 7.x and
norton!

YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE YOUR PC CRAWL!!! lol

> Loads almost instantaneously here.
> Also, only have SATA drives.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> QuickTime 7.2 Released
>>>
>>> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

>> And it still takes 5-10 seconds to load a video with it in Vista. Very
>> weird. I've read that it may have something to do with having an SATA
>> drive, which I do, but then so do millions of other people.

Milhouse Van Houten

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
I'd so love to know why. In XP it was essentially instant on the same
machine. Other players are instant for AVIs or whatever else. It's just QT
in Vista that's artificially slow for some.

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Loads almost instantaneously here.
> Also, only have SATA drives.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> QuickTime 7.2 Released
>>>
>>> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

>> And it still takes 5-10 seconds to load a video with it in Vista. Very
>> weird. I've read that it may have something to do with having an SATA
>> drive, which I do, but then so do millions of other people.

Spirit

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
QuickTime loads fast on this Toshiba Laptop - Core Dual
2350 Processor with a 5200 hd.

> I'd so love to know why. In XP it was essentially instant on the same
> machine. Other players are instant for AVIs or whatever else. It's just QT
> in Vista that's artificially slow for some.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> Loads almost instantaneously here.
>> Also, only have SATA drives.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message

>>> And it still takes 5-10 seconds to load a video with it in Vista. Very
>>> weird. I've read that it may have something to do with having an SATA
>>> drive, which I do, but then so do millions of other people.

Andy

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
"carl feredeck" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
> Quicktime is as bloated and horrible as vista itself...
>
> I use quicktime alternative that has all the basic files the same (codecs)
> but is smaller, and even lets media player play mov files.
>
> the nightmare combination: vista, quicktime, real player, nero 7.x and
> norton!
>
> YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE YOUR PC CRAWL!!! lol

Yeah, but I need my Quicktime to watch my movie trailers and watch that
lovely H.264... yum.

carl feredeck

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

"Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> I'd so love to know why. In XP it was essentially instant on the same
> machine. Other players are instant for AVIs or whatever else. It's just QT
> in Vista that's artificially slow for some.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> Loads almost instantaneously here.
>> Also, only have SATA drives.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message

>>> And it still takes 5-10 seconds to load a video with it in Vista. Very
>>> weird. I've read that it may have something to do with having an SATA
>>> drive, which I do, but then so do millions of other people.

Mike

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
In article <8E7822E6-E522-4313-95CD-B96160680FA7@microsoft.com>,
"Andy" <android8675@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "carl feredeck" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
> > Quicktime is as bloated and horrible as vista itself...
> >
> > I use quicktime alternative that has all the basic files the same (codecs)
> > but is smaller, and even lets media player play mov files.
> >
> > the nightmare combination: vista, quicktime, real player, nero 7.x and
> > norton!
> >
> > YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE YOUR PC CRAWL!!! lol

> Yeah, but I need my Quicktime to watch my movie trailers and watch that
> lovely H.264... yum.

Nero 7.8.5 is running fine here on Vista. I haven't needed Real Player
for about 100 years now, does anyone still use it? QuickTime is the
most poorly named app in the history of computing. There is nothing
quick about it, but it does use a lot of time.

Mike
Jerry

Re: QuickTime 7.2 Released
LOL I use Quicktime Alternative also, it sure does NOT let WMP play .mov
files. Did I miss something?