Deleted picture folder in Vista

pbclown

Deleted picture folder in Vista
I accedently deleted my picture folder in Vista Home Pre. and now I can not
access my pictures from the start menu. Also the special icon is missing.
Is there anything that I can do to correct these two problems.
John Hanley

Re: Deleted picture folder in Vista
Do you have a file backup?
"pbclown" <pbclown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I accedently deleted my picture folder in Vista Home Pre. and now I can
>not
> access my pictures from the start menu. Also the special icon is missing.
> Is there anything that I can do to correct these two problems.

Adam Albright

Re: Deleted picture folder in Vista
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:46:01 -0700, pbclown
<pbclown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I accedently deleted my picture folder in Vista Home Pre. and now I can not
>access my pictures from the start menu. Also the special icon is missing.
>Is there anything that I can do to correct these two problems.

Try rolling back your system with a Restore point prior to you
deleting the folder.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Deleted picture folder in Vista
Try this: In the Search box above the Start Orb type: shellersonal and
press enter.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"pbclown" <pbclown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I accedently deleted my picture folder in Vista Home Pre. and now I can not
> access my pictures from the start menu. Also the special icon is missing.
> Is there anything that I can do to correct these two problems.

dean-dean

Re: Deleted picture folder in Vista
If you have no folder under C:\Users\(Your Name) called Pictures (or
whatever Location you may have chosen for it previously), in the Start
Menu's Start Search box, type

shell:my pictures

Press Enter on your keyboard. This will bring up a folder called Pictures,
with either the default path in the address bar, or the path you moved the
Pictures folder to at some point in the past. Whether or not it has the
special icon is dependant on whether or not a folder was created when you
typed the command. It will have the special icon if a new folder was
created. If a folder called Pictures already exists, it won't write the
desktop.ini for the folder, and will just open the Pictures folder already
there. So, in other words, if you create a new folder and name it Pictures,
it won't have the default icon, but rather the generic manila one, even if
it's in the right user's path, and the shell:my pictures command won't
change the icon. If you've created a new Pictures folder manually, it's
best to move everything out to a temporary New Folder, and delete the
Pictures folder, type the command, and then move everything back. (Moving or
renaming the Pictures folder won't work, and may cause new problems).

"pbclown" <pbclown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I accedently deleted my picture folder in Vista Home Pre. and now I can
>not
> access my pictures from the start menu. Also the special icon is missing.
> Is there anything that I can do to correct these two problems.

mystery

"dean-dean" wrote:

> If you have no folder under C:\Users\(Your Name) called Pictures (or
> whatever Location you may have chosen for it previously), in the Start
> Menu's Start Search box, type
>
> shell:my pictures
>
> Press Enter on your keyboard. This will bring up a folder called Pictures,
> with either the default path in the address bar, or the path you moved the
> Pictures folder to at some point in the past. Whether or not it has the
> special icon is dependant on whether or not a folder was created when you
> typed the command. It will have the special icon if a new folder was
> created. If a folder called Pictures already exists, it won't write the
> desktop.ini for the folder, and will just open the Pictures folder already
> there. So, in other words, if you create a new folder and name it Pictures,
> it won't have the default icon, but rather the generic manila one, even if
> it's in the right user's path, and the shell:my pictures command won't
> change the icon. If you've created a new Pictures folder manually, it's
> best to move everything out to a temporary New Folder, and delete the
> Pictures folder, type the command, and then move everything back. (Moving or
> renaming the Pictures folder won't work, and may cause new problems).
>

> "pbclown" <pbclown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I accedently deleted my picture folder in Vista Home Pre. and now I can
> >not
> > access my pictures from the start menu. Also the special icon is missing.
> > Is there anything that I can do to correct these two problems.

I deleted my pictures in my computer that i put in my photo gallery and i
also delted it from the trash can so now i dont have anything on it and i
really need those pictures back is there a way to get it back