cant see jpegs in photo viewer window

juddler

cant see jpegs in photo viewer window
Hi some help would be appreciated...

When i open a jpeg, windows photo gallery is launched as normal however the
jpeg image does not appear not on the screen.

Also, in my picture folders, many thumbnails are not visible.. instead i get
a thumbnail of some mountains and water and clouds and it is not possible to
see what is in the photo

Despite this, i can still open and see videos in the photo gallery window

can someone please help?

Thank you

Adam
Dave

Re: cant see jpegs in photo viewer window
I don't have an answer, but you might read this discussion...
http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Pr...pict59592.html

you are seeing the placeholder image. It should be replaced with a thumbnail
of the jpg file. Sometimes it takes a while to generate them. Do you have a
lot of photos? Have you tried waiting a long time?

"juddler" <juddler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi some help would be appreciated...
>
> When i open a jpeg, windows photo gallery is launched as normal however
> the
> jpeg image does not appear not on the screen.
>
> Also, in my picture folders, many thumbnails are not visible.. instead i
> get
> a thumbnail of some mountains and water and clouds and it is not possible
> see what is in the photo
>
> Despite this, i can still open and see videos in the photo gallery window
>
> can someone please help?
>
> Thank you
>
> Adam

Barb Bowman

Re: cant see jpegs in photo viewer window
if you installed Nero, see this:

http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:16:02 -0700, juddler

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
juddler

Re: cant see jpegs in photo viewer window

thanks but niether suggestion helped... and ive since found out that i can
view the pics in a photo viewer slid show however not in the photo viewer...
strange

Dave

Re: cant see jpegs in photo viewer window
If you can't see the photos in Windows Photo Gallery, your thumbnail
database may be
corrupted. It is located at

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo
Gallery\Pictures.pd4

You can try renaming it to Pictures.pd4.old, and see if that helps.